- Automatically schedule and dispatch tasks to eliminate manual intervention – Dispatchers can configure the schedule to dispatch tasks automatically based on pre-defined parameters, reducing the time required to prepare a schedule while optimizing service delivery.
- Link tasks to enable more complex workflows - Dispatchers can link two or more tasks together that must be fulfilled, in sequence, by the same person or different people (e.g. required parts must be collected by the technician from a location that is different from where the task is to be completed).
- Plan ahead while protecting the current schedule – Dispatchers can lock down tasks into a schedule and plan for consecutive weeks to ensure first-time-fix targets are met (e.g., a dispatcher must send parts and inventory to a customer site one week prior to scheduling the technician's arrival).
- Manage lone workers, at risk – Technicians that are working alone in dangerous environments can link their task progress, via a mobile app, to the back office. A countdown timer is set by the technician to complete the task. If it is not extended or canceled before reaching zero an alarm triggers to immediately notify the dispatcher to safeguard the worker.
- Model contracts with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) – If a customer requires a technician to arrive on site as well as complete a task by a particular time, this can be scheduled automatically to manage risks to ensure SLAs are met.
- Improve communication with the field to enhance schedule accuracy – Technicians can provide real-time feedback from the field, such as ETA and when service has been restored, to enable dispatchers to keep customers informed and reflect accurate, realistic schedules. Configurable data collection templates via the scheduling mobile app also allow technicians to provide more accurate and timely data when they close a task.
- View real-time task metrics for improved intelligence and reporting – Dispatchers and service managers can view a live dashboard of current work progress based upon real-time updates sent by technicians from their mobile app, allowing them to monitor SLA success rates. A new task auditing feature also allows dispatchers to report on the full audit history of the lifecycle of a task for improved intelligence.
"While our key enhancements offer companies the convenience of fully automating their scheduling processes, we also offer a unique, staged approach for those wanting to begin their transition from manual to automated scheduling," said John Cameron, general manager of Trimble's Field Service Management Division. "Our staged approach gives users the flexibility to start achieving some of the benefits of automation today, while still retaining control. And when they become more confident with automation, they can quickly move to a fully automated process and realize all of the benefits."
For more information on taking a staged approach from manual to automatic scheduling, listen to Trimble's latest podcast which addresses a number of best practice approaches for selecting and implementing a scheduling solution that is right for a variety of businesses. The podcast also includes a demonstration of Trimble's advanced scheduling capabilities. ( http://hubs.ly/H03rJsc0)
For more information about Trimble PULSE suite, visit: www.trimblepulse.com.
About Trimble's Field Service Management Division
Trimble's Field Service Management Division provides visibility into field service and fleet operations so businesses can streamline efficiency and increase productivity. The Field Service Management solution suite, Trimble PULSE, offers end-to-end service management solutions that enable the delivery of field service excellence. Cloud-based and modular, businesses performing critical field service can transform the effectiveness of their work, workers and assets. Incorporating four capability sets: Manage, Schedule, Mobilize and Monitor, Trimble PULSE provides advanced scheduling and optimization tools to fleet and workforce management, customizable mobile applications and workflows to offer customers industry-specific, enterprise-level solutions for exceptional performance and ease of use.
For more information, visit: www.trimble.com/fsm.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit: www.trimble.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/trimble-adds-fully-automated-scheduling-capabilities-to-its-advanced-solution-for-field-service-management-300292406.html
Lea Ann McNabb, Media
Phone: +1 408-481-7808