LONDON — (BUSINESS WIRE) — November 3, 2016 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing infrastructure, today announced the winners of the 2016 Be Inspired Awards. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving the world’s infrastructure. At a ceremony and gala last night here at The Year in Infrastructure 2016 Conference, 18 Be Inspired Awards winners and eight Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards winners were acknowledged.
The Year in Infrastructure Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. It features presentations and interactive sessions exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns. The 2016 event was also attended by more than 120 members of the press from leading publications around the globe who met with Bentley executives on Monday for the company’s annual Media Briefing. The agenda also included presentations by finalists in the Be Inspired Awards program, culminating in the selection of the winning projects.
This year, 10 independent panels of jurors, comprising distinguished industry experts, selected the 18 Be Inspired Awards winners from 54 project finalists. These finalists had been previously chosen from over 300 submissions by organizations in 80 countries.
Candidates for Bentley’s Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards were selected by the jurors from the top finalist projects as well as other exemplary nominations. This selection was based on the projects’ uniquely innovative and visionary achievements that transcend the narrower focus of the standing Be Inspired Awards categories. The nominees were then reviewed by a panel of Bentley executives, who evaluated them based on the criteria established for each award.
Bentley Systems CEO Greg Bentley said, “The achievements of our users—the architects, engineers, constructors, and operations professionals around the world—are exemplified by the extraordinary Be Inspired Award-winning projects we celebrated last night. I heartily congratulate the organizations that were instrumental in the delivery or operations of these truly inspiring projects. Moreover, I applaud all of the project nominees in this year’s awards program for their contributions to improving quality of life around the globe.
“It has also been a year of major achievements for Bentley Systems as Bentley’s CONNECT Edition was completed through AssetWise CONNECT Edition—enabling the CONNECT Editions of AssetWise and ProjectWise to share a connected data environment. We are also very pleased to report that reality modeling is visibly going mainstream, as is evident from its proliferation across users’ projects and across Bentley’s software portfolio.”
The Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards winners for 2016 are as follows:
Advancing Asset Performance Modeling
- Maryland State Highway Administration – Motor Carrier Division – Multi-Jurisdiction Oversize/Overweight Permitting and Routing Implementation – (Baltimore, Maryland, United States)
Advancement in Conceptioneering
- HNTB Corporation – Connecticut Mix Master - I84 and SR8 Interchange – (Waterbury, Connecticut, United States)
Advancing Construction Collaboration
- CITIC Heye Investment Co., Ltd. – CITIC Tower (China Zun) – (Beijing, China)
Advancing Energy Infrastructure
- Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois – Illinois River Transmission Line and Mississippi River Crossing Management – (St. Louis, Missouri, United States)
Advancing Comprehensive BIM Playbooks
- Guangzhou Metro Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – ChishaJiao Station and Shiliugang - ChishaJiao Section of Guangzhou Metro Line 11 – (Guangzhou, Guangdong, China)
Advancing Construction Management
- GHD, Inc. – Ordot Dump Closure – (Ordot, Guam, United States)
Comprehensive Success Plan
- Black & Veatch – Business Transformation – (Overland Park, Kansas, United States)
Infrastructure Hero Award
- Aerometrex Pty., Ltd. – Reality Modeling for the Papal Visit to Philadelphia – (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States)
The Be Inspired Awards winners for 2016 are as follows: