“Since releasing the Smallworld Integration Server for ESRI in 2006 we have had the opportunity to develop a number of significant new enhancements based on feedback from our customers.” said Dennis F. Beck, president, Spatial Business Systems. “We also are able to take advantage of many of the new features included in ArcGIS 9.2 as well as Smallworld 4.1.”
Key features of this powerful new offering include:
Support for ESRI ArcGIS 9.2
The broad range of new capabilities within ArcGIS 9.2 has been utilized to support a number of new features.
- Basic thematic mapping support using the ArcGIS 9.2 custom renderer class for small collections of objects
- A custom ArcGIS Server extension allows publishing of basic .MXD documents to support viewing of Smallworld data
- An interface with ArcGIS Server Manager to use an ESRI web based wizard to build websites that access Smallworld data as a service
- Application interface level support for basic geo-processing tasks.
Support for GE Smallworld 4.1
General Product Enhancements
- Improved coordinate system support to facilitate integration between Smallworld and ESRI coordinate systems.
- Support for round trip data import back to Smallworld.
- Support for Smallworld stacked annotation
- SQL predicate support, which can be used to limit display to certain types of features.
- Numerous performance enhancements, particularly in the area of polygon handling and creation of features
- Support for Smallworld relationship tables
- Simple Smallworld style support for lines, polygons and annotation.
- Access to the attribute within Smallworld to support previewing of tabular data within ArcCatalog
The Smallworld Integration Server for ESRI is currently available at beta level and will be generally available June 2007. More information can be obtained by contacting Spatial Business Systems at
About Spatial Business Systems Inc.
Spatial Business Systems Inc. is a premier provider of advanced IT solutions specializing in the integration of spatial information with traditional information systems. Headquartered in Lakewood, Colorado, the company is staffed with a professional consulting team which has over 100 years of experience in the application of information technologies to solve the unique needs of managing spatial data.