"Customers buy workstations because they need maximum performance to get a job done," said Vivek Mohindra, vice president, Dell Product Group. "The M6300 is ideal for customers who want to run demanding professional applications no matter where they are."
Celebrating its 10th anniversary, Dell Precision has been the world's top-selling line of professional workstations for the past eight years.(1) Dell designs and certifies Dell Precision workstations to handle the most popular professional software applications in fields such as engineering, digital content creation, scientific, finance and software development.
The Dell Precision M6300 sports some of the latest technologies - including processors, OpenGL graphics, screen resolutions and memory - to deliver exceptional performance on the go.
Key features of the new model include:
The latest 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo and Extreme
Edition processors up to the X7900 (2.8GHz which is an
exclusive offer for mobile workstations) combined with
NVIDIA(R) Quadro(TM) FX1600M OpenGL discrete graphics are
expected to improve performance up to 70 percent in
Dual-Channel(3) memory with 36-bit addressing which allows
use of all 4GB(4) of system memory with a 64-bit OS.
High performance hard drives including solid state and
Designed with the environment in mind to meet or exceed
the worldwide mutually recognized Environmental
Protection Agency's Energy Star Standard 4.0 -the
agency's highest level.
Large, high resolution, wide-aspect 17-inch WXGA+, WUXGA
anti-glare and optional TrueLife(TM) displays for
excellent viewing of large assemblies, 3D graphics and
video, even in bright ambient environments.
Next generation 802.11n wireless support, providing up to
five times more performance and two times the range than
Available now globally, a base configuration starts at $2,070. For more information on the Dell Precision M6300, visit www.dell.com/precision.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell is a leading global systems and services company and No. 34 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit www.dell.com, or to communicate directly with Dell via a variety of online channels, go to www.dell.com/conversations. To get Dell news direct, visit www.dell.com/RSS.
Pricing, specifications, availability, and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes, fees, shipping, handling and any applicable restocking charges are extra, and vary.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
(1) IDC 2Q07 Worldwide Quarterly Workstation Tracker, August 2007.
(2) Over the previous generation Dell Precision M90.
(3) Mobile Workstations with 4GB of memory or more: The total amount of available memory will be less than 4GB. The amount less depends on the actual system configuration.
(4) Dual-channel memory requires 2 each of the same capacity memory DIMMs.
(5) Wireless Claim - Speed claim for comparative purposes only. Actual speed varies with environment, equipment and other factors and will be less, while range may vary due to number of users, interference, transmission barriers (such as walls and building material), and other factors. Intel Wireless-N card: To achieve up to 5x the speed and twice the range of 802.11g, customer must use the Intel Wireless-N card with a 5GHz Wireless-N router; with a 2.4GHz Wireless-N router, speed will be less. Based on Intel testing using Chariot network testing tools in November 2006 on a notebook with an Intel 4965 Wireless-N card. Dell Wireless-N card: Tests were conducted by a third party testing company commissioned by Dell in June 2006 comparing the Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n and the Intel 3945 802.11a/g internal wireless cards in a Dell XPS M1210 notebook.
David Graves, 512-723-5858