The Conference will take place from 29th April to 1st May at the Radisson SAS Hotel, Stansted Airport and will offer practical advice on centralised data management and provide a single access point for accurate information: the 1 Source of Truth’. Now well established as the leading spatial data management event, 1Spatial’s annual conference will tackle the major issues faced by organisations working with spatial data, including:
- How to integrate and re-use spatial data across an organisation, with reference to guidelines, such as the EC Directive on Public Sector Information Re-Use
- Addressing the problems and data management issues raised by CAD and GIS convergence
- Discussing how to achieve effective data access and sharing
- Debates on tackling the construction and managements of Spatial Data Infrastructures, in the context of initiatives such as INSPIRE
- Presenting expert advice on spatial data management and current best practices, including updates on Open Standards and OGC.
The conference will feature presentations from an international list of industry leaders and practitioners such as Oracle, Autodesk, EuroGeograhics, Dudley Borough Council and Centre for Ecology and Hydrology. Full details will be announced in the coming weeks.
The 2008 Conference will benefit anyone with an interest in spatial data integration and looks to build on the success of 2007 which drew comments, such as:
" I would say the pre-eminent geospatial event in the UK and one of the top events across Europe."
Geoff Zeiss, Director of Technology Enterprise Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions Division, Autodesk
Graham Stickler, Product and Marketing Director, 1Spatial, commented:
“I would like to invite anyone with an interest in spatial data integration, management and quality control to join us again this year at our annual conference. Once again we aim to provide the premier forum for learning and exchange of ideas in this vitally important area of the Geospatial Industry. I look forward welcoming you all to Stansted at the end of April.”
For the latest data management opinion, advice and exceptional networking opportunities, register now at www.1spatial.com/conference or contact Email Contact for more information