Powerful Database Mapping Solution Allows Bank Analysts, Planners, and Managers to Better Understand Market Potential
Redlands, California - July 23, 2008—ESRI's newest version of BusinessMAP Financial now includes up-to-date map and financial services data and has been enhanced to work with Microsoft's most current operating system, Windows Vista. This latest version of the software continues to bring easy-to-use database mapping software and datasets to financial services analysts, planners, and managers who want to visualize and analyze customers, branch locations, and competitor data.
"ESRI gives financial services professionals access to all the data they need for their analysis and market planning activities," says William McNeil, BusinessMAP product manager, ESRI. "BusinessMAP Financial comes with data such as deposit and loan potentials, as well as 25 report templates, allowing our customers to understand demographics and market potential like never before."
BusinessMAP Financial 2, available for Windows Vista, XP, and 2000, includes the following data updates:
- BranchInfo and MarketBank data from RPM Consulting that includes branch locations, assets, deposits, and loan and deposit potential for the United States
- Credit union data from the National Credit Union Association including asset, loan, and other information
- Street-level North American map data
- Demographic data from ESRI including current-year estimates and five-year projections of census data such as population, age, and income
- ESRI's Community Tapestry market segmentation system that classifies U.S. neighborhoods into 65 segments based on socioeconomic and demographic composition
Feature updates give users the ability to
- Create pie and bar charts on maps to compare data between areas.
- Add data to the map by state and census tract as well as by county, ZIP Code, address, and latitude-longitude coordinates.
- Create spider diagrams or desire lines revealing customer-to-branch preferences.
- Add photos to specific map locations, for example, to depict a branch office or a new ATM location.
- Export map points and polygons to Google Maps or Google Earth for easy sharing, or import data for analysis.
This combination of data and features allows users to perform tasks such as ring studies and drive-time and demographic analyses, which help them visualize demographics and market potential better than with conventional databases and spreadsheets. "Viewing customer concentrations in relation to service locations, ATMs, and the competition helps banks and other financial institutions create and analyze territories, target marketing campaigns, and analyze performance trends," says McNeil.
For more information about BusinessMAP Financial 2, visit www.esri.com/bmapfinancial, contact your local ESRI reseller, or call ESRI directly at 1-800-970-0033.
Since 1969, ESRI has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS, ESRI software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide, including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. ESRI applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world's mapping and spatial analysis. ESRI is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at www.esri.com.
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-3491
E-mail: Email Contact