Today's machines are becoming increasingly complex. They are capable of dealing with both milling and turning operations. Increasingly a powerful CAM software is needed to deal with the multiple tool turrets, holding fixtures and the complex machine kinematics. TopSolid'Cam is an integrated Cam software for the manufacture of machined parts. Based on the automatic recognition of topological properties, TopSolid'Cam identifies individual shapes and can thus suggest the best machining method to use. Machine simulation, collision check, spindle synchronization, raw part updating and visualization of material removal are important elements of TopSolid'Cam for tool path programming. In addition, TopSolid'Cam offers a powerful solution for Mill-Turn operations. TopSolid'Cam is an integrated CAM solution that manages complex mill-turn machines - TopSolid'Cam offers a unique CAM solution in that it is capable of piloting turning, 2 axes milling, 3 axis milling, 4 & 5 axis continued milling, 4 & 5 axis continued turning, synchronization and complex simulation. The important attributes of TopSolid'Cam for Mill Turn operations include the following:
- Simulation - TopSolid'Cam offers a complete simulation of the machine, tools and all objects relating to the machining operation. As a result of integrating all of the elements of the machining environment such as the machine, the clamps, the stock and the tools, TopSolid'Cam is able to verify all possible interferences from these different elements.
- Integration - TopSolid'Cam offers a complete integration of 2D, 3D and 5 axe continued milling while working on the same file. As TopSolid'Cam is capable of managing all of these operations time optimization is guaranteed.
- Synchronization management - The chronogram option within TopSolid, which allows simultaneous machining operations, manages operations by turrets, spindles or by canals. This guarantees a machining optimization and an equilibrium of the machining workload between the 2 spindles. To minimise cycle times on machines with two tool turrets the time utilisation of the turrets should be equal.
- Algorithm possibilities - TopSolid'Cam offers a richness of algorithm possibilities for roughing operations notably suited for the aeronautical domain. TopSolid'Cam offers specific machining solutions for the aeronautical industry, such as undercut machining in Z level which respect the fragility of the part to be machined.
- Infinite axes management - TopSolid'Cam can manage an infinite number of axes. This means that TopSolid'Cam can pilot the most modern, high-tech machines
The current market requires increasingly complex and sophisticated machines to deal with new parts which demand the most high tech equipment on the market. TopSolid'Cam is capable of piloting such complex machines as: Gildemeister, Index, Mazak, Mori Seiki, WFL, … and is committed to serve the needs to all machining operations from 2D right through to complex multi-axis machines. TopSolid'Cam is fully integrated with the entire TopSolid CAD/CAM line of products for the mechanical engineering industry (general mechanical design, special machinery, tooling, boilerwork …) and for sheet metal and wood industries.
Complex WFL mill turn machine which is programmed by TopSolid’Cam.
About Missler Software:
Missler Software is one of the leading global suppliers of CAD, CAM and ERP solutions. The company's product lines include TopSolid, TopManufacturing and Goelan. Missler Software offers a uniquely integrated solution for the mechanical engineering industry (general mechanical design, special machinery, tooling, boilerwork …) and for sheet metal and wood industries.
Thanks to its advanced technology and its fully integrated solution, Missler Software is experiencing rapid growth in the global CAD/CAM market.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.topsolid.com.