Rasterex releases RxAutoImage R9.0 releases their software for raster editing and raster to vector conversion inside AutoCAD.
Rasterex is the world leading provider of sophisticated software for raster editing and raster to vector conversion.
RxAutoImage is an ARX application running directly inside AutoCAD, while RxSpotlight is the complementary solution for Windows. Both solutions are now up for a major update to version R9.0. You can read more about the RxSpotlight R9.0 release here.
RxAutoImage solves the problem of incorporating scanned raster data into AutoCAD. RxAutoImage allows users to clean up, edit and update scanned drawings, maps, sketches and other graphics directly inside AutoCAD. Through semi-automatic or fully automatic raster to vector conversion, the raster data can be converted to vector and hybrid information for further drawing production inside AutoCAD. Built on the true ObjectARX technology from Autodesk, RxAutoImage uses AutoCAD's own dialogs and settings together with an advanced customizable CAD-style interface.
"With the new version R9.0, our users can perform all raster editing and vectorization inside AutoCAD", says Per Christian Lindstad, CEO at Rasterex Software. "RxAutoImage turns AutoCAD into a true hybrid editor for effective CAD drawing production".
New features in RxAutoImage R9.0:
- Updated AutoCAD 2009, 2008 and 2007 support
- Since this version, RxAutoImage eliminates limitation on the size of loadable images. The width of image is increased up to 16 million pixels, hight to two billion pixels
- Collect Polylines command is designed for assembling polylines resulting from the trace or automatic vectorization commands
- Total integration with Autodesk in technology, operational control and engine
- Scanning module with full direct support wide-format and TWAIN scanners
- Image enhancement and restoration inside AutoCAD
- CAD style raster selection, snapping and editing
- Various automatic raster-to-vector conversion and tracing options for black and white, colour and grayscale images
- Several rasterization modes with help of a precise rasterization engine
- Adaptive Binarization - unique tool for blueprints and sepias
- Smart colour palette manager - Colour Classifier
- Search and Replace on colour images with support of Symbol Recognition Template Libraries - for symbol tracing, raster-to-vector conversion, hybrid selection and Search & Replace
- Vector Automatic Correction with a rich set of options
- Polylines Automatic Correction with a rich set of options for merging, and combining polylines
- Adaptive Blur filter for blurring non-uniform colour areas inside colour transition boundaries in grayscale and colour images