Leuven (Belgium), October 21st, 2008. Materialise NV, world leader in software development for the Additive Manufacturing (AM) industry, announces the release of Magics 13, the latest version of its Magics software. For 15 years, speed, quality, efficiency and user-friendliness have been Magics’ hallmark. While celebrating its 15th anniversary, Magics now goes another step further in optimizing the AM process, offering new features that allow to facilitate work preparation, work more efficiently, save time and enhance customer service.
Facilitate work preparation
· Control part quality by visualizing overlap. You can easily locate the areas of your part that exhibit mechanical differences.
· Rescale parts so that they match the bounding box or a measurement with an expected value. You can fit parts on the platform or rescale them to make certain details buildable.
· Benefit from SmartSpace’s increased flexibility. You can select parts in the 3D workspace or assign degrees of rotational freedom.
Improve the efficiency of your process
· Improve communication by generating documents in Excel throughout the entire process, such as quotations, order confirmations, quality control, etc.
· Import or export a customized Magics profile easily. You can save all customizations in one .mpf file or set up one pc and copy the profile to other pc’s.
· Import batches of .STL, .MGX, .magics files or CAD files, allowing you to fix all your files automatically overnight and generate a report in the morning. This saves you both time and money.
Enhance your customer service
· Import .OBJ files, allowing you to read your customer data. .OBJ files can contain colors and textures and can be exported from Maya, Rhino, 3D Studio Max, etc.
· Improve the quality of your data and save time in finishing with the Refine & Smooth functionality.
Be more efficient
· Use the 3D work space more efficiently by locking or unlocking toolsheets, or by hovering your mouse to hide or show toolsheets.
· Optimize the use of the multi-platform concept by setting multiple default machines. The default machines will appear in different scenes at Magics’ start up.
· Save one of several open platform scenes directly to .magics project files via the ‘Save Platform’ function.
· Communicate with external tools, such as e-Stage, allowing you to run e-Stage on a remote computer. This means you can continue working on your pc without e-Stage using up all available memory for its calculations. You can also create a queue of jobs for e-Stage or share one e-Stage installation with all Magics users. e-Stage is part of the Magics e-RP Suite, a full range of software products that streamline, automate and boost almost every step in your AM process. With e-Stage, support generation is fully automated.
Check out www.materialise.com/magics for more information.
With its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium and branches all over the world, the Materialise Group is best known for its activities in the field of rapid industrial and medical prototyping. Apart from having the largest capacity of rapid prototyping equipment in Europe, Materialise enjoys a worldwide reputation as provider of innovative software solutions. As such, Materialise has acquired the position of market leader for 3D printing and Digital CAD software in addition to being a major player in medical and dental image processing and surgery simulation. Its medical and dental products are used worldwide by renowned hospitals, research institutes and clinicians. The group has several subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and the USA, and employs over 700 people in its 4 divisions. More information on www.materialise.com