Outstanding Juries Named for Professional and Student Awards Program
Washington, D.C.—November 6, 2008—Today, the American Society of Landscape Architects ( ASLA ) announced the call for entries for its 2009 professional and student awards program. Each year, the ASLA awards program honors the best in landscape architecture from around the globe, while the student awards program provides a glimpse into the future of the profession. Visit http://www.asla.org/awards/2009/rules_entries/index.html for more information.
The prestige of the ASLA awards program relies in large part on the high-caliber juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of the professional awards jury convening in March 2009 include:
- Mark Rios FASLA, FAIA, Rios Clementi Hale Studios, Los Angeles , Calif. ; Jury Chair;
- Vladimir Djurovic, International ASLA, Vladimir Djurovic Landscape Architecture, Broumana , Lebanon ;
- Sam Grawe, Dwell magazine, San Francisco , Calif. ;
- Linda Jewell, FASLA, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley , Calif. ;
- Mario Nievera, ASLA, Mario Nievera Design, Inc., Palm Beach , Fla. ;
- Peter Lindsay Schaudt, FASLA, Hoerr Schaudt Landscape Architects, Chicago , Ill. ;
- Sunny Scully, FASLA, Lewis Scully Gionet Landscape Architecture, Washington , D.C. ;
- Elizabeth “Boo” Thomas, ASLA , Center for Planning Excellence, Baton Rouge , La. ;
- Peter Walker, F ASLA , PWP Landscape Architecture, Berkeley , Calif. ; and
- William H. Tishler, FASLA, representing the National Trust for Historic Preservation, will join the jury for selection of The Landmark Award.
- Warren T. Byrd Jr., FASLA, Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects, Charlottesville , Va. ; Jury Chair;
- Charles Anderson, FASLA, Charles Anderson Landscape Architecture, Inc., Seattle , Wash. ;
- Edward L. Blake, ASLA, The Landscape Studio, Landscape Architecture LLC, Hattiesburg , Miss.;
- Andrea Cochran, FASLA, Andrea Cochran Landscape Architecture, San Francisco , Calif. ;
- Patrick Condon, ASLA, University of British Columbia , Vancouver , B.C., Canada ;
- Ned Kramer, Architect magazine, Washington , DC ;
- Perry Howard, FASLA, North Carolina A&T State University , Greensboro , N.C. ;
- Mark Johnson, FASLA, Civitas, Inc., Denver , Colo. ; and
- Margie Ruddick, ASLA , WRT, Philadelphia , Pa.
Entry forms and payment must be received by:
- Friday, February 6, 2009, for Professional Awards
- Friday, May 29, 2009, for Student Awards
- Friday, February 20, 2009, for Professional Awards
- Friday, June 12, 2009, for Student Awards
Founded in 1899, ASLA is the national professional association for landscape architects, representing more than 18,300 members in 48 professional chapters and 68 student chapters. The Society's mission is to lead, to educate, and to participate in the careful stewardship, wise planning, and artful design of our cultural and natural environments. Members of the Society use their “ ASLA ” suffix after their names to denote membership and their commitment to the highest ethical standards of the profession. Learn more about landscape architecture online at www.asla.org.
American Society of Landscape Architects
E-mail: Email Contact