Fishbowl’s Utilities for Windchill integrate with Windchill Pro/INTRALINK™ and PDMLink™ for added convenience.
Minneapolis—Janurary,15 2008—Fishbowl Solutions, Inc., a software, services and consulting company delivering solutions for the PTC Product Development System, announces their set of Fishbowl Utilities for PTC Windchill to enhance any Windchill PDMLink® or Pro/INTRLAINK® deployment.
Fishbowl Utilities for Windchill integrate with the Windchill platform to add features that save time, enforce best practices, automate processes and improve an organization’s implementation. Fishbowl Solutions’ Utilities prevent errors that may be caused when users do not address the issues solved by a particular utility, or manually perform the actions a specific utility would automatically perform.
Fishbowl’s current Utilities for Windchill include :
- linkPurge—deletes viewables without deleting the objects associated with them to re-capture vault space taken up by outdated viewables.
- linkRenumber—provides a user interface that allows names and numbers on both WTDocuments and EPMDocuments to be freely modified, even with auto numbering enabled. It validates that the new number is unique in the system and also checks that Object Initialization Rules are satisfied.
- linkTrigger—ensures that the format associated with a drawing is on the organization’s approved format list and is the latest iteration available. linkTrigger also has a library of actions that are triggered by events in Windchill. Just some of the actions are checking data for accuracy, checking for proper formats and validating metadata among many more.
- Revision Updater—allows for the re-assignment for a list of objects of revision on the latest version of the object, without creating a new iteration.
- Attribute Updater—assigns Soft Attributes (IBA’s) to a list of objects without the need to create new iterations of each object.
- Check in at any Revision—adds a new menu selection to the existing Windchill Check-In Wizard that allows the user to specify the revision from a drop-down list that includes only the valid revisions defined by the organization.
Beyond these utility offerings, Fishbowl specializes in building custom utilities to meet the specified needs of a user. Contact Fishbowl Solutions at Email Contact to learn more about these Utilities for Windchill and custom opportunities.
About Fishbowl Solutions
Fishbowl Solutions ( www.fishbowlsolutions.com), founded in 1999, is differentiated by its unparalleled industry and technology expertise, its solid reputation for on-time delivery, its value-added results and its clear-thinking, accountable and knowledgeable people. Fishbowl Solutions’ areas of expertise include: PTC’s Pro/INTRALINK®, Pro/ENGINEER®, Pro/TOOLKIT®, Pro/INTRALINK ® Toolkit and Windchill® software solutions, as well as being a Gold Level member of the PTC PartnerAdvantage™ Program. Fishbowl also has an outstanding reputation of working with Oracle® (formerly Stellent) content management and has its own suite of add-on software solutions.
PTC, Pro/ENGINEER, Pro/INTRALINK, Pro/TOOLKIT, Windchill and Windchill PDMLink are trademarks or registered trademarks of Parametric Technology Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
# # #
Media Contact: Amanda Broman
Phone: (962) 465-3462
Email: Email Contact