Regd. office: Plant 6 Pirojshanagar
Vikhroli (West) Mumbai 400 079 India
Tel + 91.22.67056500
Fax + 91.22.67056891
For Immediate Release
Geometric launches DFMPro for Pro/ENGINEER®
Design for manufacturability checks and analysis performed in a single session
Mumbai, India, February 18, 2009: Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Engineering Services and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions and technologies, today announced the launch of DFMPro for Pro/ENGINEER. This design for manufacturability (DFM) product is integrated within the Pro/ENGINEER design environment, and provides a series of automated checks and analysis to assist a designer in creating designs, which are cost effective and easy to manufacture.
In today’s competitive market, manufacturers use design rules to help improve part quality, and reduce the cost of manufacturing. Manual DFM approaches are time consuming and prone to errors, creating a need for automation in the DFM analysis.
DFMPro is precisely such a revolutionary DFM tool developed for designers to facilitate upstream manufacturability validation and identification of areas in design that are difficult, expensive and impossible to manufacture. This design for manufacturability tool is engineered for quick and in-depth examination of product manufacturability. It includes advanced design rules for manufacturing processes like milling, drilling, turning and sheet metal fabrication.
Some benefits of DFMPro include:
• Early prediction and prevention of production problems or manufacturing inefficiencies
• Evolution of optimal design and product quality
• Automation of manufacturability review process
• Reduction of lead-time by reducing backtracking and design iterations
• A scalable framework for manufacturability knowledge capture and reuse
DFMPro for Pro/ENGINEER assists multiple users:
• Design engineers can use DFMPro during design creation to improve designs with respect to manufacturability
• Manufacturing engineers can easily validate multiple designs from internal design departments or external vendors
• New engineers can learn organizational standards and design guidelines on the job using customized rule scripts
This version delivers:
• Seamless integration with Pro/ENGINEER with a simple and intuitive user interface
• Over 30 built-in Design for Manufacturing rules
• Ability to customize DFM rules using the VSTA (Visual Studio Tools for Application) capabilities
For further details and your free 15-day trial version, please visit:
Geometric is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 4.86 billion (US Dollars 121.6 million) for the year ended March 2008. It employs close to 3000 people across 10 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2000 certified for engineering operations.
Geometric’s Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business unit develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro and GeomCaliper®. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric’s DPT business unit, please visit
www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.367.0132
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
Media Contact Tech Contact
Kavita Karnani +1.480.367.0132 ext 6
END OF RELEASE