Regd. office: Plant 6 Pirojshanagar
Vikhroli (West) Mumbai 400 079 India
Tel + 91.22.67056500
Fax + 91.22.67056891
For immediate release
Geometric releases DFMPro version 2.0 for SolidWorks®
Assembly support and new rules for sheet metal fabrication help users save time and cost
Mumbai, India, March 12, 2009: Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Engineering Services and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of DFMPro Version 2.0 for SolidWorks, with enhancements for sheet metal fabrication including assembly support and pre-programmed rules.
DFMPro is a revolutionary design for manufacturability (DFM) analysis tool that facilitates quick and upstream manufacturability validation and identification of design aspects that are difficult, expensive or impossible to manufacture. The tool has advanced in-built design rules for validating manufacturing processes like milling, drilling, turning and sheet metal fabrication, and can also be customized to adhere to specific designing rules.
The highlights of the new version include:
• New pre-programmed rules for sheet metal fabrication: Users can now validate designs using rules that cover minimum acceptable bend radius, minimum required distances between cutouts, as well as part boundaries and bends. In addition, users can also validate slots for minimum width requirements.
• Generate reports as eDrawings® file: With this option, instances violating manufacturing guidelines and related details can now be dynamically viewed offline in 3D
• Support for assemblies: DFMPro rules can now be executed on assemblies thus providing huge savings on execution time. Multiple parts in an assembly can be validated using a single run of the software.
• Support for feature count and parameters calculation: Within the DFMPro customization framework, a simple macro is provided, which will generate feature count and parameter information along with gross part parameters for models in a tabular format. Using this data, individual users can create their own template to perform simple manufacturing cost calculations using solid models.
DFMPro helps user with:
• Early prediction and prevention of production problems or manufacturing inefficiencies
• Evolution of optimal design and product quality
• Automation of manufacturability review process
• Reduction of lead-time by reducing backtracking and design iterations
• A scalable framework for manufacturability knowledge capture and reuse
For further details and a free 15-day trial version, please visit:
Geometric is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 4.86 billion (US Dollars 121.6 million) for the year ended March 2008. It employs close to 3000 people across 10 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2000 certified for engineering operations.
Geometric’s Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business unit develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro, GeomCaliper®, and 3DPaintBrush™. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric’s DPT business unit, please visit
www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.367.0132
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
+1.480.367.0132 ext 6
END OF RELEASE