Park Ridge, IL — March 16, 2009 — The URISA Board of Directors recently approved the slate brought forward by the Leadership Development & Succession Planning Committee for the 2009 Board election. In April, URISA members will receive access to candidate statements and biographical information and will be given instructions to vote in this year's election. The voting period will end on June 16.
The slate for this year's election is as follows:
For President -
- Eric Bohard, GISP, Clackamas County, Oregon City, Oregon
- Rebecca Somers, GISP, Somers St Claire GIS Management Consultants, Fairfax, Virginia
- Cy Smith, GISP, State of Oregon, Salem, Oregon
For Director -
- Carl Anderson, GISP, Fulton County, Georgia
- Keri Brennan, GISP, The Schneider Corporation, Indianapolis, Indiana
- David DiBiase, GISP, Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- Twyla McDermott, GISP, City of Charlotte, North Carolina
- Alan Little, City of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Mark Sievers, AICP, Sievers & Associates LLC , Altamonte Springs, Florida
Those who are elected will serve for a 3-year term beginning October 2, 2009, at the conclusion of URISA’s 47th Annual Conference in Anaheim, California.
The following Board members will conclude their terms on the Board at that time: Susan Johnson; Al Butler, GISP; Juna Papajorgji, GISP; and Geney Terry, GISP.
Executive Director - URISA
E-mail: Email Contact
Mark Your Calendar:
URISA's GIS in Public Health Conference - June 5-8, 2009 - Providence RI
URISA/NENA Addressing Conference - August 4-6, 2009 - Providence RI
URISA's 47th Annual Conference - September 29-October 2, 2009 - Anaheim CA
GIS in Transit Conference - November 10-12, 2009 - St Petersburg FL