Milan – Consolidated experience in the product development sector has enabled think3, a multinational company currently celebrating 30 years of activity in the CAD and PLM sector, to develop a new state-of-the-art PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) application. TD PLM is a new web-based suite which encompasses the entire product life cycle, from concept right through to EOL disposal. The suite is rapid to implement through a series of independent steps with predefined costs and with a ROI which can be calculated during definition of the implementation project.
TD PLM enables the management of information, processes and human resources with a simple and effective approach. TD PLM is modular and easy to personalize, making it the ideal tool for the technical design office and other enterprise environments which need to manage parts lists, CAD documentation, design processes, product maintenance and spare parts and assistance services.
Users can access a centralized database via Web Clients, world-wide, without having to install other applications. Security is guaranteed with single sign on (SSO) procedures. The system can be accessed over internet via a standard web browser. There are neither software installations nor maintenance costs.
Thanks to a task driven approach, system users can access any updated item of data in real time right from the word go. The innovative task driven system guides users and novices step-by-step through PLM activities on simple web pages. This feature is particularly important in cases where the user wants to make full use of the power offered by a web-based PLM by giving controlled access to its data to outside offices, customers and suppliers.
TD PLM has been developed with the very latest technology. The system is based on three-tier architecture with web-based clients and integrates easily with most ERP, MRP and CAD systems because it uses the same graphic user interface (GUI). This feature greatly improves collaboration with company departments and businesses using other tools.
TD PLM innovative functions:
• Web GUI – all activities (data inputting and outputting) are handled using a web browser.
• Task Driven GUI – the graphic user interface is easy to learn and use; this reduces training costs and stimulates user motivation.
• Administration console – provides a powerful administration tool for centralizing configuration, personalization and administration activities even where various PLM systems are implemented.
• Built in localization tools - TD PLM is designed for simultaneous use anywhere in the world. The user interface can be localized using the international settings (language, currency, time zone, date) and content such as descriptions and headings can also be entered, searched and consulted in various languages. Each field or keyword in TD PLM can be translated into any language or alphabet.
Reasons for choosing TD PLM:
• Based on a secure, independent Web 2.0 platform
• Rapid implementation with zero impact on existing organization and IT. Customers are operational in less than six months and receive 24/7 support and online training
• Perfectly integrated with CAD and other systems at the GUI level so that users do not have to switch backwards and forwards between one application and another
• Quick and easy to learn, rapid ROI
• Secure SSO (single sign on) access
• No IT maintenance required
For more information, contact Samanta Fumagalli, PR & Communication Manager,
Email Contact, tel. +39 (0)39 6411141.
Information about think3, Inc.
Think3 has been operating in the ICT sector for 30 years and provides the only technology that links three separate design areas: the concept, its development and the finished product. In this way, think3 enables thousands of company customers to innovate, to compete and to rise to the challenges of global markets, thanks to the integration of processes, which helps to accelerate time to market and to reduce costs.
Think3 boasts a consolidated presence across Europe, the US and Asia. The company has also secured a strong presence in China following joint venture deal sealed with Beijing Extech Science & Technology Co. Ltd to create EXTECH, a brand new company based in Beijing, with offices across the country. In the rest of the world, think3 is present throughout its network of selected VARs (Value Added Resellers).
All this means that think3 can count among its customers some of the most significant enterprises in the industrial market.
For more information visit our site at
think3, Italian branch office of think3 Inc.
Centro Direzionale Colleoni – Palazzo Taurus 2
Viale Colleoni, 3
20041 Agrate Brianza - MI