NAVTEQ presents ground-breaking navigation experience with key industry players
CHICAGO, —September 15, 2009 — /PRNewswire/ -- NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of digital map, traffic and location data for in-vehicle, portable, wireless and enterprise solutions is showcasing a new connected navigation experience at IAA 09: called NAVTEQ Connect(TM). Bringing together key industry collaborators, NAVTEQ Connect highlights some of the most advanced navigation capabilities on the market and it underlines NAVTEQ's unique strength in enabling a broad range of navigation applications with an open and flexible range of products, services and solutions.
Under the NAVTEQ Connect umbrella, Harman Becker, Magneti Marelli, NAVIGON, Nokia and ROUTE 66 are featuring technology and applications that highlight a seamless location-aware user experience over a typical day.
Demonstrating ground-breaking location-aware capabilities
Whether at home, driving or walking - location plays a pivotal role in supporting today's active lifestyles for a seamless navigation experience. Demonstration highlights:
- Harman Becker, the Harman International Automotive Division, presents the world's first live update solution of incremental map data and content via online access, based on the new Navigation Data Standard (NDS)
- Magneti Marelli presents seamless connectivity between vehicle infotainment systems and navigation-enabled smartphones
- NAVIGON presents advanced navigation features supporting safe, efficient, eco-friendly driving
- Nokia presents a pedestrian navigation service that acts as a virtual tour guide providing guidance on shortcuts through pedestrian squares, parks and buildings and including 3D images of landmarks, building footprints and public transport entrance points
- ROUTE 66 demonstrates seamless integration of various mobile phones platforms into the dashboard display and car speakers, providing the ultimate Drive and Walk experience
NAVTEQ Connect showcases NAVTEQ's wide range of enabling capabilities including:
- NAVTEQ® Map including dynamic content, driver alerts, speed limit, road curvature, height and slope
- NAVTEQ Discover Cities(TM) featuring a variety of pedestrian-specific attributes
- NAVTEQ Traffic(TM) real-time and historical incident and traffic flow information
- NAVTEQ LocationPoint(TM) advertising
- NAVTEQ e-commerce solutions and services
"The diversity of solutions and applications indicates the wide range of consumer interest in making location connections. We are thrilled to be able to showcase the innovative work of so many industry leaders," said Bruno Bourguet, senior vice president, EMEA, Sales, NAVTEQ. "By providing an open, flexible range of products, services and solutions, we believe that we are able to meet our customer's needs to support the growing demands of location focused consumers."
NAVTEQ Connect is located in the NAVTEQ Technology Lounge at the IAA Exhibition Centre.
Room name: Prisma; Portalhaus Building (next to the West Entrance of Hall 11).
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of digital map, traffic and location data that enables navigation and location-based platforms around the world. NAVTEQ supplies comprehensive digital map information to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 4,400 employees located in 192 offices and in 43 countries.
E-mail: Email Contact
E-mail: Email Contact