Oakland, CA January 28, 2010 -- Integrity Logic today announced the release of Geograph VA, the latest version of the popular GIS (Geographic Information System) for the iPhone/iPod platform, covering the commonwealth of Virginia. This release features over 45 layers of geographic data which can be combined and merged.
"Our users have been clamoring for more states, and Virginia has so many interesting features," said Max Tardiveau, founder of Integrity Logic. "This is our best release so far, and we really look forward to hearing about all the different things people will do with it."
Like its 19 sister applications already covering 22 states, Geograph VA contains a wide array of data layers:
- geological map from the U.S. Geological Service
- public land ownership (local, state, federal)
- states outlines
- land elevation from NASA
- ocean bathymetry
- old faults
- over 5,800 named features (summits, tunnels, cliffs, bridges, etc...) with link to USGS web site for each feature
- hydrologic units
- ecological regions from EPA
- counties with link to Census data
- UTM zones, township and range, USGS quadrangles
- congressional districts with links to representatives' web sites
- urban areas, hydrological features
- cities, roads and railroad tracks
- active mines and quarries
- zip codes
- potassium/argon dates
- surficial material
- main aquifers
- over 4,400 mineral resource data points with link to USGS web site for each resource
This release introduces a number of additional layers, which can be downloaded from the application:
- state assembly districts with link to the representatives' web sites
- state senate districts with link to the senators' web sites
- school districts
- cities and villages with link to Census Bureau's statistics
- town and city limits
- landmark points and areas
- airports with link to FFA web site for each airport
- over 20,000 geodetic points
- public and private golf courses
- American Indian areas
- national parks
- railroad crossings
More details are available at http://www.integrity-logic.com/GeographVA
Geograph VA is a completely self-contained application, which does not require any Internet access. This is critical for anyone who needs access to this information when out of cellular range, in the field.
Geograph VA can use the iPhone's built-in GPS and the iPod's location service, and can also capture high-definitions maps, which can be retrieved from the device's photo album.
The application is available immediately in the Apple App Store and is priced at $4.99.
About Integrity Logic
Integrity Logic is a software and consulting services company founded in 2003.