Regd. office: Plant 6 Pirojshanagar
Vikhroli (West) Mumbai 400 079 India
Tel + 91.22.67056500
Fax + 91.22.67056891
For Immediate Release
Geometric releases version 2.1 of DFMPro for Pro/ENGINEER® and SolidWorks®
New Injection Molding module to help check manufacturability of plastic designs
Mumbai, India, January 28, 2010: Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Engineering Services and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of version 2.1 of DFMPro for Pro/ENGINEER and SolidWorks® with a number of advancements and a new Injection Molding module, which helps designers check manufacturability of plastic designs within the CAD environment.
DFMPro is a unique automated DFM review tool facilitating upstream manufacturability validation and identification of areas in design that are difficult, expensive, or impossible to manufacture. It allows quick and in-depth examination of product manufacturability through advanced design rules for manufacturing processes like milling, drilling, turning, sheet metal fabrication, and injection molding.
Some of the highlights of the new version are:
• New Injection Molding module with packaged DFM rules derived from well-known industry-accepted best practices. Users can validate the designs to check for uniform wall thickness, recommended rib parameters, appropriate draft angles on core and cavity surfaces, undercuts, thin steel conditions on mold, and many other common rules.
• Support for imported models using Geometric’s patented Feature Recognition techniques to analyze 3D models independent of the originating CAD system.
• Support for assemblies: DFMPro rules can be executed on assemblies, thus significantly reducing the time for execution. All the parts in an assembly can be validated using a single execution.
• Additional rules in machining and sheet metal fabrication to improve the extent of automated design for manufacturing reviews .
• Support for customization, batch mode operation and automated report generation: Using the DFMPro customization framework, users can write their own rules, execute the rules in a batch mode, and generate reports of DFM analyses without manual intervention.
For further details about the new version, and for a free 15-day trial version, please visit:
www.geometricglobal.com) is a specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services and Digital Technology solutions for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, Geometric was incorporated in 1994 and is listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges. The company recorded consolidated revenues of Rupees 5.98 billion (US Dollars 129.47 million) for the year ended March 2009. It employs close to 3000 people across 11 global delivery locations in the US, France, Romania, India, and China. Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2000 certified for engineering operations.
Geometric’s Desktop Products and Technologies (DPT) business unit develops cutting-edge point productivity solutions that enhance design and improve manufacturing operations. The end-user products from Geometric include CAMWorks®, eDrawings® Publisher, DFMPro, GeomCaliper® and 3DPaintBrush™. The key technologies from Geometric are NestLib®, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT®. Geometric licenses these technologies to OEM partners and also designs and implements customized process solutions using these technologies for industrial customers.
For further details about Geometric’s DPT business unit, please visit
www.geometricglobal.com/products or call +1.480.367.0132
The copyright/ trademarks of all products referenced herein are held by their respective companies.
For more information, please contact:
+1.480.367.0132 ext 6