Processor reduces system complexity and cost for video communications and security applicationsHOUSTON, Feb. 4 — (PRNewswire) — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced the TMS320DM6467T, a new DaVinci™ video processor designed to meet the demand for increased digital video quality, higher resolution and faster frame rates for video communications and security applications. The 1 GHz DM6467T is a single-chip processor that enables networked digital video applications to decode high-definition (HD) H.264 (1080p at 60 frames per second (fps)). The processor also provides optimized imaging support and the advanced video processing capabilities required to support up to eight simultaneous channels of H.264 D1 real-time video encoding with solution from a third party.
The DM6467T offers developers the ability to create multi-format video supporting multiple channels, superior compression technology and advanced processing capabilities such as analytics. It also substantially lowers system cost while increasing system functionality and offering flexibility with a programmable on-chip digital signal processor (DSP). Designed to improve performance in every capacity, the DM6467T combines 37 percent higher processing performance than the DM6467 with improved video coprocessors and higher speed peripherals to create a scalable architecture for video surveillance, HD video conferencing, multi-format digital media adaptors, real-time digital video recorders (DVRs) and digital signage ( www.ti.com/dm6467t-prprod).
DM6467T key features and benefits:
- The combined performance of a 1 GHz C64x+™ DSP and 500 MHz ARM926EJ-S
- Supports H.264 1080p decoding up to 60 fps, a well as eight simultaneous channels of H.264 D1 real-time video encoding with solution from a third party
- Higher core speed with flexible DSP programmability provides sufficient processing capacity to implement advanced video processing algorithms and functions
- Faster DDR2 interface at 400 MHz facilitates higher bandwidth for more efficient video throughput
- Two integrated 500 MHz High Definition Video/Imaging Co-Processors (HD-VICP) accelerate video processing and increase application efficiency
- Faster 150 MHz video port interface supports 1080p capture/display
- PCI bus increased to 66 MHz for faster data transfer
- Ready for use, off-the-shelf video analytics function libraries are available now
- Hardware and software compatibility with the TMS320DM6467, announced in December 2007, enables easy migration to the DM6467T
- High level of integration further reduces system cost, complexity, power and size
Pricing, availability and tools:
The TMS320DM6467T is now available for sampling and is priced at USD $106.95 in quantities of 1,000 units (1ku). The TMDXEVM6467T evaluation module (EVM) comes complete with software, tools and demonstration applications enabling developers to evaluate video processing algorithms and chip performance as well as immediately begin application development. Board support software includes an Open Source Linux Git, DSP/BIOS Link and frameworks for audio/video and codec engines. The DM6467T EVM is available for USD $1,995 and is software and hardware compatible with the DM6467 processor and EVM. TI will also be offering a TMDXSDV6467T daughter card for backward display compatibility with the DM6467 evaluation module, sold separately.
Find out more about TI's extensive DM6467T and DaVinci portfolio by visiting the links below:
- TMS320DM6467T processor product folder: http://www.ti.com/dm6467t-prprod
- TMS320DM6467T processor data sheet: http://www.ti.com/dm6467t-prdatasheet
- TMDXEVM6467T tool folder: http://www.ti.com/dm6467t-prtools
- Follow TI on Twitter: www.ti.com/txinstumentstwitter
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
DaVinci and C64x+ are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
|Texas Instruments Incorporated
Email Contact both of GolinHarris, for Texas Instruments Incorporated
Gina McCall of Texas Instruments
Phone: +1-281-274-4872, g- Email Contact (Please do not publish these numbers or e-mail addresses.)