DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — February 10, 2010 — Research and Markets( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/08842a/global_gis_enginee) has announced the addition of the " Global GIS Engineering Applications Market 2008-2012" report to their offering.
A Geographic Information System/Spatial Information Management (GIS) is a collection of software and geographic data used for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information. In the strictest sense, it is a computer system that is capable of integrating, storing, editing, analyzing, sharing, and displaying geographically referenced information. In a more generic sense, GIS is a tool that allows users to create interactive queries (user-created searches), analyze the spatial information, edit data, maps, and present the results of all these operations.
With the rapid development in hardware, software and GPS technology, GIS is increasingly being integrated into engineering projects. Today, the governments and corporate around the world are incorporating GIS into different phases of infrastructure life cycle; such as surveying, planning, design, construction and maintenance process. Instead of using GIS as a standalone system, the companies are integrating GIS into their existing infrastructure, which is helping them increase their efficiency and take better decisions. Certain factors like database integration and lack of digital infrastructure are inhibiting the growth of GIS in the Engineering sector. These issues need to be addressed to keep this industry in the high growth trajectory.
The report by TechNavio Insights forecasts the size of the Global Mapping & GIS in Engineering over the period 2008-2012. It segments the market into three geographic regions: Americas, APAC and EMEA, representing the market size and forecast for each of these regions. Further, it discusses the key market trends, drivers and challenges of the Global GIS Engineering Applications market and profiles some of the key vendors of this industry.
Key Topics Covered:
- Global GIS Engineering Applications Market Size & Forecast
- Geographic Segmentation
- GIS Engineering Applications Market in Americas
- GIS Engineering Applications Market in EMEA
- GIS Engineering Applications Market in APAC
- GIS Engineering Applications Market Trends
- GIS Engineering Applications Market Growth Drivers
- GIS Engineering Applications Market Challenges
- GIS Engineering Applications Vendors
- Other Reports in this Series
- List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 2.1: Global GIS Engineering Applications Market Size and Forecast 2008-2012 (In $ million)
- Exhibit 3.1: GIS Engineering Applications Segmentation by Geography - 2008
- Exhibit 3.2: Americas GIS Engineering Applications Market Size 2008-2012 (in $ million)
- Exhibit 3.3: EMEA GIS Engineering Applications Market Size 2008-2012 (In $ million)
- Exhibit 3.4: APAC GIS Engineering Applications Market Size 2008-2012 (in $ million)
- Bentley Systems
- Intergraph Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/08842a/global_gis_enginee
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716