DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — June 14, 2010 — Research and Markets( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/02d9f5/global_digital_map) has announced the addition of the " Global Digital Map Market 2009-2013" report to their offering.
The Global Digital Map market is a duopoly market, with NAVTEQ and Tele Atlas controlling a majority portion. After the acquisition of NAVTEQ by Nokia and Tele Atlas, the Digital Map market has undergone a rapid transformation. Technological innovation like map enabled vehicle infrastructure integration has become the base for the development of Intelligent Transport Systems. In order to broaden product portfolio, Digital Map vendors have started offering map enhancement products (such as Points of Interest, Traffic Service). The growing navigation market and the increase in demand for Location Based Services (LBS) are few factors driving the growth of this market. Also, the relatively high economic growth in the Asian countries and its effect on the automobile industry, coupled with the low penetration level of navigation devices, has put the Digital Map market of the APAC region on a high growth trajectory.
The Digital Map market has undergone a rapid transformation since the last two years. The acquisition of NAVTEQ by Nokia and Tele Atlas by TomTom bears testimony to this. This vertical integration of the Digital Map market points to the integration of navigation and the digital mapping industry. By acquiring NAVTEQ, Nokia gained control over the Digital Map that it provides in its handsets. Similarly, by acquiring Tele Atlas, TomTom gained control over the Digital Map for its PNDs. As NAVTEQ and Tele Atlas are the only two global Digital Map providers, these acquisitions have forced other players in the mobile handset and PNDs segment to get into agreement with their competitors for obtaining Digital Map.
The report by TechNavio Insights forecasts the size of the Global Digital Map market over the period 2009-2013. It segments the market into three geographic regions: Americas, APAC and EMEA; representing the market size and forecast for each of these regions. Further, it discusses the key market trends, drivers and challenges of the Global Digital Map market and profiles some of the key vendors of this market.
Key Topics Covered:
- Global Digital Map Market Size & Forecast
- Digital Map Market Geographic Segmentation
- Digital Map Market in Americas
- Digital Map Market in APAC
- Digital Map Market in EMEA
- Global Digital Map Market Trends
- Global Digital Map Market Growth Drivers
- Global Digital Map Market Challenges
- Digital Map Market Vendors
- Other Reports in this Series
- List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 2.1: Global Digital Map Market Size and Forecast 2009-2013 (In $ million)
- Exhibit 3.1: Global Digital Map Market Segmentation by Geography -2009
- Exhibit 3.2: Digital Map Market in Americas 2009-2013 (In $ million)
- Exhibit 3.3: Digital Map Market in APAC 2009-2013 (In $ million)
- Exhibit 3.4: Digital Map Market in EMEA 2009-2013 (In $ million)
- Tele Atlas
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/02d9f5/global_digital_map
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716