Includes key roles in Mobile Ad Summit, IAB Mixx, and Mobile MondayNEW YORK, Sept. 27 — (PRNewswire) — (Adweek) – NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world, today announced it will be participating in a number of key events during the New York Adweek, the week-long think-tank comprising over 200 different events that focus on the power of advertising and its neighboring industries. The NAVTEQ LocationPoint mobile ad network harnesses NAVTEQ's location content and capabilities to pinpoint where connected mobile consumers are, deliver ads as they approach advertised points of purchase, and accurately guide them to a merchant's doorstep.
During Adweek, NAVTEQ will present at or sponsor events that include:
- Mobile Monday—NAVTEQ is a key sponsor for this ad industry event, which will showcase and award prizes to top apps created by local developers as well as up-and-comers. As sponsor, NAVTEQ is on hand to address how its unique ad network can help developers monetize their apps, explore new revenue streams, and leverage NAVTEQ to connect with entrepreneurs. 7 p.m., Monday, September 27, The Canal Room, 285 West Broadway at Canal Street
- The Mobile Ad Summit: "I Screen, Three Screens: How Top Publishers Are Putting It Together on Three Screens Successfully"—NAVTEQ Head of Advertising Sales Mort Greenberg will join other distinguished panelists focusing on optimizing ad impact across the three screens of mobile, tv, and online. 3:30 p.m.–4: 10 p.m., Tuesday, September 28, B.B. Kings Blues Club & Grill
- IAB MIXX Conference & Expo 2010—The Official Interactive Event of Advertising Week, IAB MIXX is the central gathering place for the leading advertising agencies, brand marketers and publishers. Here, NAVTEQ will co-present with Unilever the results of a groundbreaking mobile advertising campaign conducted in Brazil. This presentation showcases a compelling 360-degree view that addresses the vast consumer potential and unique regional needs. 2 p.m.-2:45 p.m., Tuesday, September 28, IAB MIXX Workshop 3 Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Location-Based Marketing Summit—NAVTEQ is primary sponsor of this two-day event focusing exclusively on location-based mobile advertising education, trends, and industry case studies. Wednesday, September 29, 8 a.m.-5:15 p.m., followed by an evening reception and Thursday, September 30, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at the New York Hotel, 481 8th Avenue & 34th Street
About the NAVTEQ LocationPoint™ Ad Network
NAVTEQ LocationPoint Advertising harnesses NAVTEQ's global location content and capabilities to deliver location- and context-aware ads to consumers as they approach a potential point of purchase.
- Significantly, NAVTEQ, whose digital maps are viewed by 100 million users every day, flexes its location muscle by verifying merchant location—so consumers are guided reliably to advertised merchants and those merchants optimize their ad spend
- NAVTEQ LocationPoint advertising reaches consumers with disposable incomes using a wide spectrum of mobile phones and, uniquely, personal navigation devices (PNDs)
- The network offers expansive flexibility—advertisers can define location radius as well as the look and interaction touch points of their own virtual storefront
- User Calls to Action are customizable per campaign and include:
- Click to Landing Page: User clicks on a banner to access the landing page
- Click to Map: User clicks to see merchant's location on a map
- Click to Route: User clicks to get step-by-step directions to the merchant
- Click to Coupon: User views the advertisement coupon
- Click to Call: User clicks to automatically initiate a phone call to the merchant
- Click to Web: User clicks through to mobile web or web URL
- Click to SMS: User clicks to send a predefined SMS message
- Click to Save: User clicks to automatically save the coupon to use later
For more information, go to www.navteqmedia.com.
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data (digital location content) enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. NAVTEQ was founded in 1985 and now supplies comprehensive digital location content to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2010, proudly supported by approximately 5,000 employees located in 211 offices in 48 countries.
NAVTEQ and LocationPoint are trademarks in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
Stella Smith of NAVTEQ
Email Contact for NAVTEQ