New 24-Inch and 44-Inch Printers Offer the Ultimate Combination of Performance and ValueCHICAGO, Oct. 4 — (PRNewswire) — Graph Expo, Booth 617 -- Epson America today announced the Epson Stylus® Pro 7890 (24-inch) and 9890 (44-inch) for photographers and proofing professionals, offering Epson's latest technology achievements in the sub-$3,000 and $5,000 price categories. These new printers combine eight-color Epson UltraChrome K3® Vivid Magenta ink technology with auto-sharing Matte and Photo Black inks, and Epson's MicroPiezo® TFP® print head to produce high quality prints at speeds about twice as fast as their renowned predecessors – the Epson Stylus Pro 7880 and 9880.
"With every new generation of printers, we continuously strive to reach new levels of performance," said Reed Hecht, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. "For years, the Epson Stylus Pro 880-series has been the industry benchmark for which all other printers were compared, and with the introduction of the 890-series, we have once again raised the bar, redefining the future of wide-format printing."
The Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 9890 offer the same leading technology found in the Epson Stylus Pro 900-series, including ePlaten™ automatic media loading, spindle-free roll media loading, a roll media tracking system, front control panel with 2.5-inch color LCD, rotary cutter, fabric catch bin, and robust printer stand. The printers also feature Epson's latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies to virtually eliminate clogged nozzles, and use nine individual high-capacity ink cartridges up to 700 ml. In addition, these new models are capable of handling virtually any media type, in roll or cut-sheet. Both models are available with an optional SpectroProofer® spectrophotometer.
More about the Epson Stylus Pro 890-Series
The Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 9890 provide advanced features, including:
- Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head: High precision eight-channel print head with auto sharing black ink channel produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality; latest ink repelling coating dramatically reduces nozzle clogging
- AccuPhoto™ HD Screening: Advanced screening algorithm produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions with accurate highlight-to-shadow details and ensures consistent color balance, resulting in prints with superior color and clarity and incredibly sharp text and line art
- Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink: High density eight-color pigments with unique formulation of Magenta provides extremely vibrant blues and purples for an expanded color gamut; three-level black ink technology significantly improves gray balance while eliminating color casts and provides outstanding highlight-to-shadow grayscale accuracy for smoother tonal range
- PreciseColor™ Manufacturing: Evaluates and adjusts each printer's performance at the manufacturing stage, ensuring consistent color output from printer to printer and print to print, eliminating the need for internal calibration devices
- ePlaten Media-Loading: Simplifies the roll and cut-sheet media loading process with automatic media loading, movement, skew adjustment, and tracking, including electronically controlled roll back tension and automatic roll media rewind upon release
- SpectroProofer: Developed in partnership with X-Rite, the optional SpectroProofer is a high-performance, in-line spectrophotometer that, when driven by the latest front-end RIPs, can automate virtually any color management process in commercial or flexographic proofing workflows
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 9890 will be available in December 2010 through Epson Authorized Professional Imaging Resellers for an MSRP of $2,995 and $4,995 respectively. They are supported by a standard Epson Preferred(SM) Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next-business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. For additional information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. To learn more about Epson America, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter ( http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Note: Epson, Epson Stylus, Epson UltraChrome K3, MicroPiezo, TFP, and SpectroProofer are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corp. AccuPhoto, PreciseColor, and ePlaten, are trademarks of Epson America Inc. Epson Preferred is a service mark of Epson America Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
John Jatinen of Epson America, Inc.
Jane Fainer of Walt & Company
Phone: +1-408-369-7200, ext. 1052
Email Contact for Epson