New release features configurable dashboard, streamlined user interface and expanded options for budget forecasting and condition monitoring for any infrastructure asset
WEFTEC 2010 – New Orleans, Louisiana – October 4, 2010 – VUEWorks, Inc. today announced VUEWorks® 2010, a major upgrade of its map-centric, web-enabled, GIS-integrated work order and asset management software. VUEWorks helps local government and utilities improve service delivery, minimize failure risk, comply with environmental/government regulations, and prioritize maintenance of all physical assets, including water, storm/sanitary pipes, facilities, roads and signage. Scheduled for release in Q4 2010 the new “BETA” software will be previewed at WEFTEC in the VUEWorks booth #500, October 4-6, 2010 at the New Orleans, Louisiana Convention Center.
“VUEWorks 2010 is a testament to how we listen to our user community as it promises to be the fastest, most powerful and easiest to use version of the software yet, packed full of features requested by VUEWorks users, said Rod Lovely, P.E., VUEWorks’ Vice President of Product Management: For us at VUEWorks it’s all about making Work and Asset Management an affordable process that any community can implement to save time and money.”
New features in VUEWorks 2010 will include:
- Support for ESRI ArcGIS Server versions 9.3.1 and 10.0
- Streamlined interface: users will be able to work within one VUEWorks window, which will contains all sub-windows, making the application simpler to use and navigate.
- Faster GIS map loading: Users will see the map almost instantaneously when they open VUEWorks.
- Collapsible layer list
- Ability to define Work Order Forms at the Activity level.
- A dashboard that users can configure with graphs and chart gadgets for real time statistic feedback on Work Orders and Service Calls
- More options in the Condition module
- More options in the Budget Forecasting module
Commented Dave Paine, CEO of VUEWorks: “VUEWorks 2010 fits the needs of today’s municipal and utility users. It is both flexible and easy to use; it provides dynamic, key metrics, in the form of dashboards; and can be applied to any physical asset that needs to be managed through its lifecycle. The new Dashboards and Request Portal in VUEWorks 2010 now can be viewed using any browser or mobile device anywhere and anytime.”
VUEWorks Inc. ( www.vueworks.com) develops, markets, and supports affordable, web-enabled integrated GIS Asset and Work Management solutions that help local governments, utilities, corporations, schools, theme parks, and other organizations track the condition, minimize failure risk, optimize expenditures and service delivery of their physical assets. VUEWorks is a privately-held corporation founded in 2004 and headquartered in Concord, New Hampshire.
For more information contact:
VUEWorks Contact: Alex Von Svoboda, Email Contact, +1 603 228-8100 x716
PR Contact: Becky Stevens, Email Contact, +1 713 444-6860