PowerLite 4000-Series Offers More Than 4,000 Lumens, Enhanced Image Quality and Easy Installation FeaturesANAHEIM, Calif., Oct. 12 — (PRNewswire) — (EDUCAUSE, Booth 1808) -- Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide(1), today announced the PowerLite 4000-series installation projectors for medium to large meeting spaces in corporations, higher-education, K-12, and houses of worship. The PowerLite 4100, 4200W and 4300 are designed for less complex installations that still require high performance and image quality.
The new models offer a wide range of lumen and resolution combinations – the PowerLite 4100 and 4200W offer 4,500 lumens of color and white light output(2) and the PowerLite 4300 offers 5,200 lumens of color and white light output. The PowerLite 4100 and 4300 feature XGA resolution while the PowerLite 4200W has WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution to accommodate widescreen content.
In addition, the PowerLite 4000-series offers the same convenient features as its predecessor, the PowerLite G5000, including 3LCD, 3-chip technology, closed captioning, and functional design elements: simple lamp and air filter replacement, centered lens design, an impressive range of horizontal and vertical lens shift, Quick Corner for easy image positioning, off-axis tilt function for installation flexibility, and a 1.8x zoom lens.
"Features such as lens shift, Quick-Corner and a versatile 1.8x centered lens make installations easier, especially retrofit installs or rooms with obstacles such as ceiling ducts to work around," said Sean Gunduz, product manager, Projectors, Epson America. "Along with these easy installation features, the new PowerLite 4000-series provides high durability, reliability and the low total cost of ownership that customers expect from Epson. And with enhanced image control, they are perfect for cost-sensitive installations that require professional image quality."
Improved Image Quality Features
These models offer several new features, including improved reliability, durability and color performance to meet the needs of today's installers. Additional benefits include:
- C2Fine™ Technology: Along with advanced vertical alignment technology, provides high contrast for deeper blacks and vivid images
- DICOM Simulation Mode: Specialized imaging uses standardized grayscale to reproduce medical images, such as x-rays, for medical training and education
- Six-Axis Color Adjustment: Allows users to customize colors by adjusting the hue, saturation, and brightness of RGBCMY(red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow) for special projection materials such as high-quality photographs or artwork
- Advanced Sharpness: Allows users to adjust sharpness more precisely for thin, thick, vertical, and horizontal line enhancements
- Test Patterns: Four new test patterns are included for different applications to make setup and image customization easy
- Monitor and Control: Epson EasyMP® allows content to be sent over the IP; Epson Easy Management® allows for network monitoring and maintenance
Pricing, Availability and Support
The PowerLite 4100 ($2399*) and 4300 ($2999*) will be available in November 2010 and the PowerLite 4200W ($2689*) will be available in January 2011 through national resellers, mail order, distribution and pro audio/visual dealers. Epson's PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epson.com.
About Epson America
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. To learn more about Epson America, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter ( http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* Estimated street price
(1) Based upon Q2 2010 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
(2) Light output varies depending upon modes (color and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard
Note: Epson, E-TORL, EasyMP, and Instant Off are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite and PrivateLine are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.
|Epson America, Inc.
Duane Brozek of Epson America, Inc.
Jane Fainer of Walt & Company
Phone: +1-408-369-7200, ext. 1052
Email Contact for Epson America, Inc.