The Program, Launching in January 2011, Certifies Expertise Using Esri Software
Redlands, California — December 7, 2010 — The Esri Technical Certification Program, announced today, will recognize people skilled in desktop, developer, and enterprise use of Esri technology. Earning a certification will mean an individual possesses a high level of technical expertise using Esri software.
The new program is designed to
- Create a community of professionals proficient in using Esri software that can design, implement, and administer a successful geographic information system (GIS).
- Help organizations maximize their investment in Esri products by employing a workforce certified in GIS best practices.
- Create professional development opportunities for Esri software users.
- Help companies, government agencies, and other organizations assess job candidates' GIS skills and abilities.
- Give Esri software users, GIS consultants and instructors, and Esri partners the opportunity to differentiate themselves and their organizations with their unique qualifications.
"Esri set the industry benchmark for GIS technology. Now, we're setting a standard for users, establishing a community of individuals who've demonstrated their proficiency in using Esri software," said Nick Frunzi, director of Educational Services at Esri. "This raises the bar for ArcGIS skills."
The first certifications that will be offered starting in late January 2011 are ArcGIS Desktop Associate, ArcGIS Desktop Professional, Web Application Developer Associate, Enterprise Geodatabase Management Associate, and Enterprise Administration Associate. Eight more certifications will be added to the program later in the year and into 2012.
The certification examinations, which will take about two hours to complete and include 90–95 multiple-choice questions, will be available at 5,000 locations in 165 countries. Exams will be offered in English only.
The Esri Technical Certification Program complements the geographic information system professional (GISP) certification available in the United States through the GIS Certification Institute, which certifies that GIS professionals have met minimum standards for ethical conduct and professional practice. The Esri Technical Certification Program recognizes specific skills and expertise in using Esri software.
To learn more or register for a certification examination, visit esri.com/certification.
Since 1969, Esri has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS technology, Esri software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. Esri applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world's mapping and spatial analysis. Esri is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-2448
E-mail (press only): Email Contact