Above: AAM and Optech Lynx in action
February 07, 2011 -- The most evolved and comprehensive mobile laser scanning system in the world is now available from AAM. The Optech Lynx M1 Mobile Mapper™ represents the next generation in rapid collection of survey-grade 3D data.
The Lynx M1 Mobile Mapper™ alters the expectations of rapid scanning for 3D digital representation of the built and natural environments. This revolutionary mobile mapping system integrates the latest innovations in LiDAR sensors with best-in-class imaging and navigation.
By driving at highway speeds, the Optech Lynx M1™ minimises traffic obstructions and keeps Surveyors off roads. Laser scanning acquisition can also be performed during night hours and in tunnels.
A dual-profiler configuration minimises data shadows frequently seen in a single-profiler system. It also reduces multiple passes required to in-fill shadows evident in a single-sensor system.
For more information please contact:
Dr Stuart Gordon, Manager Mobile Imaging and Laser Scanning, AAM
Phone: +61 0 429 341 418
AAM is at the forefront of the geospatial information technology revolution with all tools suitable for various aspects of emergency response. AAM’s dynamic team pioneers the commercialisation of exciting innovations such as:
- Photorealistic 3D City Models
- 3D Visualisation and Simulation
- Airborne Laser Scanning
- Rapid, High Resolution Aerial Photography
- Satellite Imagery
- ”RoadView” 360° Street Level Imagery
Operating from an extensive office network throughout Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and South Africa; AAM specialises in providing business mapping, GIS and Location Based Services.
AAM’s proven technology leadership includes a range of advanced systems for the collection, analysis and presentation of geospatial information. The AAM Group is a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 professionals taking leadership roles in the geospatial industry. AAM has an award-winning culture of project management excellence that actively contributes to client success.
About Optech Lynx Mobile Mapper™
Mobile Mapper can be deployed for:
- Safe road corridor surveys while driving at sign-posted highway speeds
- Fast-track as-builts for projects that are behind schedule or are time-poor
- Dense and comprehensive data along rail corridors to map and determine clearances – scan everything in sight
- Mine surveying and fast topographic 3D mapping
- Asset collection (e.g. parking areas, street furniture, vegetation and buildings) one vehicle replaces multiple Surveyors or field GIS teams
- Accurate digital representation of a site: Project reconnaissance for engineering projects
- Security planning: 3D city modelling