February 17 and February 24, 2011
9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
If you want to work with ArcGIS in Microsoft SharePoint and familiarize yourself with the spatial statistics tools in ArcGIS, tune in to two free Esri live training seminars this month.
Esri will host Embedding ArcGIS into SharePoint on February 17. You will learn how to incorporate ArcGIS into Microsoft SharePoint 2010, a versatile web-based collaboration platform for file and information sharing.
During this seminar, attendees will learn how to
- Turn address information in SharePoint lists and form libraries into discrete location features on a map.
- Incorporate geoprocessing tools and models into the SharePoint ribbon.
- Enhance the appearance of points, lines, and polygons to better communicate the meaning and context of the data being displayed.
Introduction to Spatial Pattern Analysis will air on February 24. The presenters will demonstrate the spatial statistics tools in ArcGIS software that give you the ability to model and analyze spatial patterns, trends, and relationships.
You can use the tools to analyze consumer spending patterns, how diseases spread, where certain plant species are concentrated, and more. Attendees will learn about the use of
- Descriptive spatial statistics to summarize the most important characteristics of a spatial distribution
- Global pattern analysis to assess and quantify broad geographic patterns and trends
- Local pattern analysis statistics to find hot and cold spots as well as spatial outliers
A broadband Internet connection and an Esri Global Account are needed to watch the live training seminars. Creating an Esri Global Account is easy and free: visit esri.com/lts, click Login, and register your name and address.
Esri, the Esri globe logo, ArcGIS, and esri.com are trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions. Other companies and products mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective trademark owners.