- Free, high quality, easy to use, voiced navigation app for iPhone and iPad
- Maps stored on the phone – navigate without relying on mobile network coverage
- New Social Location features allow users to instantly navigate to each other
LONDON — (BUSINESS WIRE) — March 10, 2011 — Navigating the roads of Australia & New Zealand, just got easier with today’s launch of NavFree GPS Live. From Navmii, a publisher of GPS location-based applications, NavFree is the top free navigation product for iPhone and iPad.
NavFree GPS Live Australia & New Zealand does everything you would expect from expensive in-car GPS/satellite navigation. Users can search for an address, point-of-interest, or Google search for a location and be instantly routed with full voiced directions. NavFree Australia & New Zealand will re-route automatically if you take a wrong turn, provide information on the journey distance and estimated time of arrival.
Since all maps are stored on the phone, NavFree will still route you to your destination even if mobile network coverage is lost.
Peter Atalla, CEO of Navmii said: “NavFree has been a huge success in the UK and the USA, with more than a million downloads driving a vibrant and active user community, which is improving map data with local knowledge on a daily basis. Now Australia & New Zealand can also enjoy fully featured mobile satellite navigation at no cost.”
Community driven regular monthly map updates are completely free of charge. New social features allow users to instantly share their position via SMS, Email, Twitter and Facebook.
Users will also be able to add enhanced features such as speed cameras, local petrol prices and traffic information to NavFree Australia & New Zealand by purchasing these services within the app.
To get NavFree GPS Live Australia & New Zealand visit http://itunes.apple.com/app/NavFree-gps-live-australia/id422816006?mt=8
Notes for Editors
- Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad 1 & 2.
- Voice directions and menus in local language.
- Available for the UK & Republic of Ireland, United States, Australia & New Zealand.
- Price: free download from iTunes store
- User Manual and more information available at www.navmii.com.
- For the latest FAQ's and customer support please visit our customer forums at www.forum.navmii.com
Tel: + 44 (0)7834 020460
Email: Email Contact