The seminars are scheduled for August 1-4, 2011 at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa near Traverse City, Michigan. The event has been a tradition since 1965 and attracts more than 800 automotive industry stakeholders.
In today's competitive automotive market, improving quality, productivity, time to market and costs are essential. The 2011 CAR Management Briefing Seminars offer compelling sessions focused on world class manufacturing, connected vehicles, designing for technology and other issues critical to the automotive industry.
"One of this year's themes, Manufacturing Excellence, showcases how and why today's leaders connect functions throughout the enterprise. It is fitting to have Plex Systems sponsoring World Class Manufacturing Day as a leader providing systems that integrate operations for world class performance," said Dr. Jay Baron, CAR CEO and president, and chair of the World Class Manufacturing sessions.
Speakers for World Class Manufacturing Day include:
- Kenneth Knight, Executive Director, Global and North America Manufacturing Engineering, General Motors
- Ron Harbour, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Kevin Butt, General Manager/Chief Environmental/Safety Officer, Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc.
- Mary Foster, Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Inteva Products, LLC
- Massimo Risi, Head of World Class Manufacturing, Chrysler Group LLC
- Alexander Freitag, Director, Diesels Systems Engineering for North American, Robert Bosch
- Steve McKinley, Vice President Engineering-America, Honeywell Turbo Technologies
- Lyle Otremba, Vice President, Commercial and Product Development, Cooper-Standard Automotive
- Jeffrey Brennan, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, Global Markets, Altair Engineering, Inc.
- Dr. Joerg Pohlman, Managing Director, SGL Automotive Carbon Fibers, a joint venture with BMW
Teaming with Plex Systems, CAR will showcase timely seminars and related conference activities via online social media outlets such as Twitter, Linked In and Facebook.
"We are pleased to be a sponsor for the second year at the influential CAR Management Briefing Seminars," stated Plex Systems President and CEO Mark Symonds. "Plex Online has its origins in the automotive industry and has helped automotive manufacturers and suppliers manage the information they need to improve their operations. As the official social media sponsor, we can help broaden the conversation to the entire automotive community."
Follow the conversation by using the Twitter hashtag #mbs2011. For more information please go to mbs.cargroup.org.
About Plex Systems, Inc.
Plex Systems, Inc. is the developer of Plex Online, a SaaS ERP (software as a service) cloud ERP solution for the manufacturing enterprise. Plex Online offers industry-leading features for virtually every department within a manufacturer, including Manufacturing Execution Systems ( MES) and Quality Management Systems ( QMS) for the shop floor, Supply Chain Management ( SCM) for procurement, and Enterprise Resource Planning ( ERP) for finance and management. Plex Online's comprehensive functional coverage delivers a "shop floor to top floor" view of a manufacturer's operations, enabling management to run its business at maximum efficiency. Founded in 1995, Plex Systems is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with customers around the globe. Plex Systems and Plex Online are trademarks of Plex Systems, Inc. More information is available at www.plex.com.
Follow Plex Systems at twitter.com/plexsystems.