September 13, 2011 (Des Plaines, Illinois) - URISA is pleased to announce the results of its 2011 Board of Directors Election. J. Allison (Al) Butler will become President-Elect of the association and Tripp Corbin, Cindy Post and Teresa Townsend will begin their terms as members of the Board of Directors at the close of GIS-Pro 2011: URISA's 49th Annual Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana, November 1-4, 2011.
Al Butler, GISP is the Capital Project Manager for the City of Ocoee, Florida. He remarked, "I appreciate being selected by the members and will work hard to fulfill the strategic direction I described in my campaign statement: high value for the dues paid. URISA needs to make a difference in the lives of its members by building the GIS profession. I look forward to working with the other Board members, staff, the chapters, and our committees. I want each member to feel like they can talk to me at any time."
Three new directors were elected by the URISA membership to serve a three-year term on the URISA Board, also beginning in November. The three new Board members are:
- Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP - eGIS Associates, Duluth, Georgia
- Cindy Post - University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta Canada
- Teresa Townsend, AICP - Planning Communities LLC, Raleigh, North Carolina
At the close of GIS-Pro 2011 in Indianapolis the terms of service for these Board members will conclude:
- Kathrine Cargo, GISP, AICP (Immediate Past President) - Orleans Parish Communication District, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Clare Brown, GISP - New Orleans Regional Planning Commission, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Karen Stewart, GISP - Esri Canada, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Note that the term of recently-deceased Board member,
Mike Lovett would have also concluded on November 4.
We thank them all, in advance, for their dedication and service to URISA and anticipate many more years of continued involvement.
URISA Executive Director
E-mail: Email Contact