~ New START, VIA and GO LIVE devices include Basic program services ~
CONCORD, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 2, 2012 — TomTom today announced that it has enhanced its Roadside Assistance program for portable navigation devices with the addition of a new Basic level of service. Basic service provides owners of VIA, GO LIVE and newly-launched START devices with added peace of mind by providing quick and reliable dispatches of responsible and professional service providers with a simple phone call from anywhere in the U.S.
The TomTom Roadside Assistance Basic level of service bolsters TomTom’s existing Roadside Assistance services, which are supported by the Cross Country Motor Club, one of the oldest and most respected motor clubs in America. The Cross Country Motor Club provides TomTom customers with access to more than 1,800 customer service associates and a network of more than 30,000 towing and road service professionals around-the-clock.
A free lifetime* membership of the Basic level of service will be included with the purchase of any new START portable navigation device. Annual subscriptions may be purchased separately on TomTom.com for $29.95 per year. Free Basic service will also be rolled out to the new VIA and GO LIVE devices in the coming months.
“Our customers can already expect their TomTom device to help get them safely and quickly to their destination. It is a natural extension for TomTom to be there for them in case of a roadside emergency as well,” said Damian Woodward, Vice President of Sales at TomTom.
The new TomTom Roadside Assistance Basic service level includes:
- Fast and reliable dispatch – Award-winning customer service specialists dispatch reliable roadside assistance anytime, anywhere in the U.S.
- Emergency police, fire or medical dispatch.
- Repair facility referral - Helps traveling motorists in need of repairs find a nearby repair center.
- Latitude/longitude vehicle location identification – automatically pinpoints motorists’ location from their TomTom device, to help road service professionals expedite service.
- Cross Country Perks – A discount savings program offering special deals and shopping convenience through a host of well-recognized merchants across the country.
- An offer to receive 20 percent off the first tow (up to $25, online registration required).
“TomTom portable navigation devices provide their owners with a wide variety of valuable features and functionalities, and Cross Country Motor Club is extremely proud to help TomTom owners receive vital roadside assistance whenever and wherever it is needed,” said Dave Ferrick, Agero’s President.
For additional details about the Premium, Plus and Basic Roadside Assistance packages, visit TomTom.com.
* The lifetime membership will run until the earlier of: the useful life of the START navigation device (four (4) years) or until TomTom’s provider no longer provides the TomTom Roadside Assistance Service.
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world’s leading supplier of in-car location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world’s best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has over 3,500 employees and sells its products in over 40 countries.
Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning TomTom HD Traffic.
For the world’s most up-to-date route planner, including live traffic information, go to www.tomtom.com/livetraffic.
For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com.
About Cross Country Motor Club
Cross Country Motor Club is a division of Agero, Inc. (formerly Cross Country Automotive Services and ATX Group). Agero is the leading provider of roadside assistance, claims management and connected vehicle services for the automotive, insurance and aftermarket industries. Based in Medford, Mass., the company has operations throughout North America and offices in Europe. For more information, visit www.agero.com.
Agero is a member of The Cross Country Group of companies (CCG). CCG is a Boston-based organization comprised of operating businesses and investments that specialize in private-label, technology-enabled service programs for global corporate clients.
800-511-5891 or 972-753-6230