MicroStrategy 9.3 delivers a high quality search experience so business people can discover the information they need simply and quickly.
- Faster Indexed Searching. MicroStrategy 9.3 searching uses new metadata indexes so business people can see their search results appear nearly instantly to find the reports and dashboards they need.
- Autocomplete Search. MicroStrategy 9.3 adds an auto-complete feature so results begin to appear after typing just a few letters so business people can discover the insights they need even faster.
- In-line Search for Building Reports. MicroStrategy 9.3 allows business people to build reports by searching the MicroStrategy metadata for business attributes and metrics in-line with where they will appear on the report. Unlike many individual and departmental analytical tools that cannot centrally store and share critical business metric and attribute definitions for reuse, the MicroStrategy metadata is a single repository of certified business definitions that ensures business people see accurate results.
5. Improve Decision-making with Advanced and Predictive Analytics
MicroStrategy 9.3 can expand upon its repertoire of over 300 analytical functions to include the additional 5,000+ computations available within the "R" open source project, the most widely used statistical computing language. MicroStrategy 9.3 can support all the analytics necessary to manage the business with mathematical and scientific precision.
- Incorporate "R" Analytics for Better Decisions. With MicroStrategy 9.3, customers can incorporate the computational models and visualizations in "R" in standard MicroStrategy reports and dashboards. With MicroStrategy 9.3, customers can import and run predictive and data mining models developed in "R" using Predictive Model Markup Language (PMML) language, and by embedding "R" computational algorithms as standard MicroStrategy analytical functions, including specialized graphical analytics such as statistical process control charts for manufacturers.
- Apply Advanced Analytics to Hadoop. Many highly-skilled data scientists prefer using "R" to analyze data stored in Hadoop. Now, data scientists have the ability to develop and include their Big Data analytics as part of MicroStrategy 9.3.
- Share the Knowledge with Everyone. With MicroStrategy 9.3, customers can incorporate any of the advanced, predictive, and data mining analytics of "R" into any mobile app, dashboard, or report. Now, everyone can access the best predictions available to make informed decisions.
6. Manage the BI Ecosystem with Minimal Administrative Effort
MicroStrategy 9.3 introduces MicroStrategy System Manager to allow organizations to deliver more BI for less cost and with better system availability. This new administration product automates the many manual, multi-step processes required to manage a BI ecosystem.
- Design System Automation Workflows using a Graphical User Interface. System Manager includes a graphical design interface to construct a step-by-step workflow that can be very sophisticated, including decision logic, process loops, and node connectors. The system management automation can include the wide range of BI components, such as the databases, BI applications, virtual machines, extract, transform and load tools (ETLs), operating systems, and alert notifications (e-mail). For example, an administrator can automate the process of deploying a new report or dashboard, which may include establishing database connectivity, migrating metadata, validating data results, monitoring the process for completion and errors, and issuing notifications on process success or failure. MicroStrategy System Manager works for BI ecosystems deployed either on premise or in the cloud.
- Eliminate Hundreds of Hours of Administrative Effort. MicroStrategy System Manager can automate almost any system management process — either on-demand or on a schedule — without any administrative oversight. Automated workflows eliminate errors, improve reliability, reduce IT personnel time, and standardize processes, resulting in lower overall cost of administration.
- Standardize BI Maintenance Processes. MicroStrategy System Manager workflows can be saved and maintained in source-control systems enabling BI administrators to standardize processes and maintain a history of the changes to the process.
Join MicroStrategy for the MicroStrategy 9.3 Release Webcast
For more details on MicroStrategy 9.3, attend a Webcast on July 19, 2012. The Webcast will provide an overview and a demonstration of the highlights in MicroStrategy's latest release. To learn more about the Webcast and MicroStrategy 9.3, visit: http://www.microstrategy.com/Software/businessintelligence.
Try MicroStrategy 9.3 on the Cloud
MicroStrategy Cloud brings together MicroStrategy 9.3, analytical databases, and data integration capabilities in one integrated service. The MicroStrategy Cloud solution allows companies to either connect to data sources stored on-premises, in the MicroStrategy Cloud, or hosted in other cloud systems. Compared to traditional on-premises approaches, MicroStrategy Cloud is faster to deploy, more flexible, delivers world-class performance, and offers significant financial advantages.
MicroStrategy 9.3 is also available as a free 25-user software bundle that brings visual data discovery, Mobile apps, dashboards, and report delivery to departments at no charge. Visit http://www.microstrategy.com/freereportingsoftware/index.asp for more information.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a leading provider of enterprise software platforms for business intelligence (BI), mobile intelligence, and social intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's BI platform enables leading organizations worldwide to analyze the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. Companies choose MicroStrategy BI for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy's mobile intelligence platform helps companies and organizations build, deploy, and maintain mobile apps across a range of solutions by embedding intelligence, transactions, and multimedia into apps. MicroStrategy's social intelligence platform includes a number of applications that help enterprises harness the power of social networks for marketing and e-commerce, as well as a suite of free consumer friendly apps that use MicroStrategy's enterprise technologies. The MicroStrategy Cloud offering combines MicroStrategy and third-party software, hardware, and services to enable rapid, cost-effective development of hosted BI, mobile, and social applications. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform, MicroStrategy Cloud, MicroStrategy Mobile, MicroStrategy System Manager, and MicroStrategy Visual Insight are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated