New SoC Peripherals provide designers the ability to interface real-world stimuli to the design-under-test (DUT) on the HES-7 ASIC prototyping platform. Users can utilize gigabit Ethernet transceivers to develop networking applications, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth® v2.1 to develop wireless systems, or High Performance HDMI Transmitter to develop home entertainment products. Memories and connectors provide additional data storage for read/write capability of today’s popular memory interfaces, and the ability to connect external hardware with the HES-7.
HES-7 with ARM Cortex-A9 support is available today with an industry-leading 1-year limited warranty. All current HES-7 customers with a dual-FPGA configuration will be provided the enhanced ARM Cortex-A9 daughterboard support with additional peripherals at no additional cost. Customers with single-FPGA HES-7 will receive the essential SoC peripherals daughterboard at no additional cost.
For Technical Specifications and more on the HES-7 ASIC Prototyping Platform along with its enhanced capabilities, please visit www.aldec.com/products/HES-7.
Prototyping with HES-7
- Available in a scalable capacity from 4 to 96 million ASIC gates
- Single and Dual FPGA Configurations Reduce Complex Partitioning
- Non-Proprietary daughterboard connectors
Support for Xilinx Zynq
Utilize ARM dual-core Cortex-A9 MPCore Microprocessor
- Maximum Frequency of up to 1 GHz
- Enhanced with NEON Extension and Single & Double Precision Floating point unit
- 32 kB Instruction & 32 kB Data L1 Cache
- Integrated processing platform with FPGA logic reduces bill-of-material (BOM) up to 40
- Free open-source Linux, Android, and FreeRTOS solutions available from Xilinx
Essential SoC Peripherals Included
- Media Interfaces – Ethernet PHY 10/100/1000, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, USB 2.0 DEVICE, USB 2.0 HOST, USB 2.0 OTG, HDMI, and Audio Codec (Stereo Speaker and MIC Interfaces)
- Memories – SD Socket, SPI Flash, I2C Flash, NAND Flash, SO-DIMM DDR2
- Connectors – ARM Debug, RS232, I2C, SPI, and GPIO
- Additional 4x DDR3 Memory peripheral included with Xilinx Zynq
Aldec Inc., headquartered in Henderson, Nevada, is an industry leader in Electronic Design Verification and offers a patented technology suite including: RTL Design, RTL Simulators, Hardware-Assisted Verification, ASIC Prototyping, Design Rule Checking, IP Cores, DO-254 Functional Verification and Military/Aerospace solutions. www.aldec.com
Aldec is a registered trademark of Aldec, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Christina Toole, + (702) 990-4400