Hosted through the secure Cloudcuity Management Portal, NCOIC members will have access to CloudScreen™, an automated set of evaluation tools that:
- Determines cloud infrastructure feasibility
- Estimates cloud infrastructure cost and benefits
- Conducts physical capacity for cloud translations
- Matches application requirements to cloud provider capabilities based on features and functionality
- Compares provider costs and quality of service
"NJVC is honored that NCOIC chose the Cloudcuity Management Portal as its brokerage of choice to offer cloud services to the geospatial community," said Kevin L. Jackson, vice president and general manager of NJVC cloud services. "This NCOIC demonstration is significant as it will represent a new procurement model for the geospatial community, which is at the frontlines of protecting and responding to national and international crises in times of conflict. Procurement of cloud services will be less complicated, making deployments to the cloud easier and more efficient than ever before. This will benefit first responders and other non-traditional NGA users."
Team members' unique contributions include:
- The Boeing Company: Geoservices through a Boeing-developed set of capabilities via its OpenGeo software
- The Aerospace Corporation: An OpenStack-based cloud and a virtual organization management system patterned after the one used by the Worldwide Large Hadron Collider Computing Grid
- OGC: Expertise to monitor, offer advice and report on the use of OGC standards throughout the demonstration period
Once feasibility is assured and providers are selected, Cloudcuity Management Portal users will leverage the integrated virtual application and data center manager services to design virtual data centers through a user-friendly console. Once the design is finalized and approved through an automated review process, virtual resources will be provisioned simultaneously, across the group of selected providers through the cloud service bus, which has application program interface connections to different cloud providers.
The Cloudcuity Management Portal also will provide advanced monitoring, consolidated billing, chargeback and policy governance to ensure provider compliance and NCOIC satisfaction.
With a focus on information technology automation, NJVC® specializes in supporting highly secure, complex IT enterprises in business- and mission-critical environments, particularly for the intelligence and defense communities. We offer a wide breadth of IT and strategic solutions to our customers, ranging from strategic consulting to managed flexible services in five business areas: Cloud Services, Cyber Security, Data Center Services, IT Services and Print Solutions. We partner with our customers to support their missions with security-cleared, dedicated and talented employees ready to deploy globally. To learn more, visit www.njvc.com.
Michelle Snyder, NJVC, 703.893.7609
Email Contact Audra Capas, 5StarPR, 703.437.9301