July 23, 2013 (Des Plaines, IL) - URISA, The Association for GIS Professionals, is pleased to announce the results of its 2013 Board of Directors’ Election. Carl Anderson will become President-Elect of the association and Jochen Albrecht, Amy Esnard and Ashley Hitt will begin their terms as members of the Board of Directors, at the close of GIS-Pro 2013: URISA's 51st Annual Conference in Providence, Rhode Island, September 16-19, 2013.
Carl Anderson, GISP, a Senior Consultant with Spatial Focus, Inc. hails from Sarasota, Florida. He remarked, “I’d like to thank the URISA membership for selecting me as President-Elect. I would also like to recognize my fellow candidate, Geney Terry. Geney is an outstanding URISA leader and GIS professional and I am sure we will continue to work together on programs and initiatives for years to come. URISA's future is exciting... educational programs and advocacy efforts are expanding; GISCorps, celebrating 10 years of existence, continues to impact the world; and the GIS Management Institute, URISA Labs and the Professional Practice Division will strengthen the geospatial profession with the development of best practices and standards. Again, thank you for your expression of support
Three new directors were elected by the URISA membership to serve a three-year term on the URISA Board, also beginning in September. The three new Board members are:
- Jochen Albrecht, PhD - Hunter College at the City University of New York - New York, NY
- Amy Esnard, GISP - City of Portland, Oregon
- Ashley Hitt, GISP - Connected Nation - Louisville, Kentucky
At the close of GIS-Pro 2013 in Providence, the terms of service for these Board members will conclude:
- Greg Babinski, GISP (Immediate Past President) - King County GIS Center, Seattle, Washington
- Thomas Conry - Fairfax County, Virginia
- Nancy Obermeyer, GISP - Indiana State University
- Christopher Thomas - Esri, Redlands, California
We thank them all, in advance, for their dedication and service to URISA and anticipate many more years of continued involvement.
(Images available upon request.)