- The City of Longmont Public Works and Natural Resource Department now uses Infor Public Sector Suite for customer service, asset management, work management, inventory control and analysis. Deploying the solution across multiple divisions within the department provides users with access to a more unified, consistent data set to establish greater visibility into operations.
- Employees can now configure different asset types and tailor the system's workflow to more effectively meet the department's needs. This has enabled the City to expand the use of the system within the department, and allows for greater flexibility in defining asset attributes.
- The City can also perform advanced analysis on its asset types, which facilitates more effective capital budgeting because decision-makers can more accurately project the lifecycle and benefits of capital improvements to assets.
- Infor Public Sector Suite's advanced Geographic Information System (GIS) functionality benefits both call center employees and field workers by automatically mapping the location of service requests and helping call takers to more accurately identify assets in the vicinity requiring maintenance. This enables improved service to citizens through faster work order fulfillment.
- The improved GIS functionality also allows the city to more effectively build maintenance routes such as street cleaning, jetting, or hydrant maintenance within Infor Public Sector Suite, promoting more efficient route planning.
- Infor Public Sector Suite delivers improved reporting functionality and easier data access, allowing users to generate their own reports using built-in or ad-hoc templates for faster overall reporting and analysis.
City of Longmont Quote
"Prior to Infor we didn't have the ability to configure different asset types in our management system. Assets such as irrigation lines had to be combined into main line inventories, which is confusing for the average user," said Tamara Teravest, project manager, City of Longmont. "Infor not only delivers the ability to specify these different asset types, but also provides advanced analysis capabilities for each type to help us determine the most cost-effective approach to managing our assets on a department-wide basis. Also, Infor's integration with our calendaring solution has improved our scheduling and fulfillment process, allowing us to better serve our citizens."
"In the public sector, it's the state and local governments like City of Longmont that have the most direct interaction with citizens," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "The Infor Public Sector suite helps municipalities to more effectively manage their internal operations so response to citizen feedback and requests is faster and more efficient."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor Public Sector Customers - www.infor.com/company/customers/publicsector/
- Infor Public Sector for State and Local Government - www.infor.com/industries/publicsector/state-local/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About City of Longmont
The City of Longmont is located in Boulder County, Colo., just 37 miles from the state capital of Denver. Longmont was selected for Money Magazine's Top 100 Best Places to Live in both 2006 and 2008 and was named an "All-America City" in 2006. For more information, visit www.ci.longmont.co.us/
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 23 of the top 50 largest US public hospitals
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 26 of the top 35 global retailers
- 5 of the top 9 brewers