Winners Will Be Selected and Presented With Their Awards at The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference Taking Place Oct. 29-31 in London, U.K.
EXTON, Pa. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 1, 2013 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced the project finalists in the 2013 Be Inspired Awards competition. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving and sustaining the world’s infrastructure. Six independent panels of jurors, comprising accomplished Bentley users and distinguished industry experts, selected the 65 finalists from nominations submitted by organizations in 43 countries.
The winners of the Be Inspired Awards will be announced at The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference, taking place Oct. 29-31, in London, U.K. This global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations features a series of presentations and interactive sessions exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns.
Tailored to the information needs of management-level executives in architectural and engineering firms, construction companies, and owner-operator and government organizations responsible for the design, delivery, or operations of infrastructure, The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference is the perfect forum to:
- share best practices in infrastructure design, delivery, and operations from peer organizations;
- network with peer organizations, more than 100 members of the media, and industry thought leaders from around the globe;
- explore cutting-edge technologies and how they are changing the way information moves throughout the infrastructure lifecycle;
- gain insight from presentations delivered by many of the world’s top thought leaders to help understand, prepare for, and take advantage of the key trends that are transforming the design, delivery, and operations of the world’s infrastructure.
All those who submitted a nomination in the 2013 Be Inspired Awards competition are also encouraged to attend.
Bentley COO Malcolm Walter said, “We set the bar extremely high for our new Year in Infrastructure 2013 thought leadership conference, from its provocative agenda bringing valuable insights on crucial issues facing infrastructure executives around the globe to the preeminent thought leaders who will deliver the keynotes and summit presentations. Guest keynoters include Sir John Armitt, chairman of the Olympic Delivery Authority for London 2012 and chairman of National Express; Andrew Wolstenholme, OBE, CEO of Crossrail Ltd.; Peter Hansford, chief construction advisor to the U.K. government; and Pedro Miranda, corporate VP, Siemens AG, and head of the Global Center of Competence Cities.
“The one thing outside of our control was, of course, the Be Inspired Awards nominations. But as always, our users came through for us – with remarkable projects that tested the adjudicative prowess of our esteemed jury members. I congratulate all of the finalists, and look forward to their inspiring presentations in the last leg of this very special competition at our conference in London later this month!”
The Be Inspired Awards finalists for 2013 are as follows:
Innovation in Asset Lifecycle Information Management
- Crossrail Ltd – Information Mobility for the Crossrail Smart Railway – (London and South East England, United Kingdom)
- JSC Neolant – Information Support System for Decommissioning Kursk Nuclear Power Plant – (Kurchatov, Kursk Region, Russia)
- Suncor Energy Inc. (Edmonton Refinery) – Information Plant – (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
Innovation in Asset Performance Management
- ArcelorMittal – ArcelorMittal U.S.A. World Class Equipment Reliability Project – (United States)
- Bellwood Systems Ltd. – RCM2 at Siberian Power Generation Company – (Abakan, Khakassia and Barnaul, Altai Krai, Russia)
- ScottishPower – ScottishPower Strategy for Asset Management and Process Safety – (United Kingdom)
Innovation in Bridges
- Bloom Companies, LLC – Rawson Avenue Interchange Reconstruction – (Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States)
- GS Engineering & Construction – Mokpo Cable-stayed Bridge – (Mokpo, South Korea)
- LCW Consult, SA – The Corgo River Valley Viaduct – (Vila Real, Portugal)