- Hatch Mott MacDonald – Intelligent Rail Signal Design via 2D Schematics and 3D Models – (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
- JM Souto Engenharia – Detailed Project for the Adequacy of the Alternative Railway Route – (Congonhas, Minas Gerais, Brazil)
- Track Access Services Ltd – Track Access Survey and Sighting – (United Kingdom)
Innovation in Roads
- Engevix Engenharia, Themag Engenharia, and Planservi Engenharia – Santos Guarujá Tunnel – (Santos and Guarujá, São Paulo, Brazil)
- Washington State Department of Transportation – I-90: Snoqualmie Pass East, Phase 1A through Phase 2A – (Hyak, Washington, United States)
- Well-Connected Alliance – The Waterview Connection – (Auckland, New Zealand)
Innovation in Structural Engineering
- Beijing Building Construction Research Institute Co., Ltd.; Beijing Institute of Architectural Design; National Astronomical Observatories, Chinese Academy of Sciences – Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Radio Telescope (FAST) – (Karst, Guizhou, China)
- D&H Steel Construction – Westgate Footbridge – (Waitakere, Auckland, New Zealand)
- Fitzpatrick Engineering Group – Octapharma Blood Plasma Facility – (Charlotte, North Carolina, United States)
Innovation in Utilities and Communications Networks
- China Southern Power Grid Research Center – Zhaotong Converter Station – (China)
- ElectraNet – Bentley Substation Implementation and Integration into ElectraNet SOP – (Adelaide, South Australia, Australia)
- Time Warner Cable – An Enterprise GIS Strategy for Increased Revenue and Lower Costs Using Bentley’s Communications Solution – (Centennial, Colorado, United States)
Innovation in Water or Wastewater Treatment Plants
- CH2M HILL – Skyway Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Expansion – (Burlington, Ontario, Canada)
- MWH – Seafield Wastewater Treatment Works Thermal Hydrolysis Plant – (Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom)
- Power China Central Southern Geotechnical Design Institute Co., Ltd. – 3D Collaborative Design Accelerates Industry Revolution: The Standardized Design and Application of Water Project – (Qingzhen, Guizhou, China)
Innovation in Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater Network Modeling and Analysis
- AECOM India - Delhi Jal Board – Sewerage Master Plan - 2031 for NCT of Delhi – (New Delhi, Delhi, India)
- Manila Water Company, Inc. – Marikina North Project – (Marikina City, Philippines)
- Sabesp – Overview and Supervision: Cantareira Water Supply System – (São Paulo, Brazil)
To access descriptions and images of the 2014 Be Inspired Awards project finalists, click here.
About Be Inspired Awards Program and The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference
Since 2004, the Be Inspired Awards competition has showcased excellence and innovation in the design, construction, and operations of architecture and engineering infrastructure projects around the world. The Be Inspired Awards is unique – the only competition of its kind that is global in scope and comprehensive in categories covered, encompassing all types of infrastructure projects. In the awards program, which is open to all users of Bentley software, independent panels of industry experts select finalists for each category. For additional information, visit www.bentley.com/BeInspired.
Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference is a global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations. The conference features a series of presentations and interactive workshops exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns.
The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference will include:
- The Project Delivery Summit
- The Infrastructure Asset Performance Summit
- The Building Forum – Designed for executives involved with building design and delivery, this forum will focus on the application of collaborative BIM in multi-discipline design and general construction, with an emphasis on strategies to get a better return on BIM investments.
- The Rail and Road Forum – Looking beyond design and construction, this forum will explore the application of BIM throughout the lifecycle of transportation infrastructure. Featuring executives from engineering firms and owner-operators discussing strategies and best practices, the forum will include breakout sessions for the design, construction, and operations of both rail and road projects.
- The Oil, Gas, Chemical, and Mining Forum – Covering both new capital projects and ongoing operations, this forum will explore new methods and technologies to improve both project performance and asset performance. Breakout sessions will feature mining infrastructure and offshore structures.
- The EPC and A/E Forum – This forum is geared for management-level professionals in EPC and A/E firms responsible for project design and delivery. Presentations and panel discussions will focus on ProjectWise for collaboration and best practices for multi-discipline design and construction.
- The Utilities Forum – This forum will feature sessions that address topics of relevance to all types of utilities, including the impact of cloud technology on utilities workflows, new developments in meeting the challenges of subsurface utilities, best practices in engineering collaboration, how to achieve operational excellence through better-performing assets, and a closing panel that will facilitate far-reaching discussion of the future of the utilities industry. Breakout tracks for water and wastewater and for electric and gas will feature additional topics of high interest to professionals working with these types of utilities infrastructure.
- The Visions for the Future Forum – Highlighting recent research by Bentley Fellows and their guests, the speakers in this track will discuss opportunities for improving construction productivity, sharing data between BIM and SIM, deep intelligent analytics, augmented and virtual reality, new 3D capture methods, focus devices for hybrid datasets, and more.
- The Be Inspired Awards
On Nov. 3, more than 100 journalists from leading media outlets around the globe will gather at the Hilton London Metropole for Bentley’s annual Media Day briefing. These journalists will also participate in The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference.
For additional information about The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference or to register, click here.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2006 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. Visit The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference for highlights of Bentley’s premier thought-leadership event. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbooks. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Be Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit