Latest upgrade to New Century pipeline data management application streamlines functionality and increases operator efficiency.
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (January 7, 2015) – New Century Software, Inc., a leading provider of GIS-based pipeline software and services, announced today that it has released an updated version of its pipeline data management application, Facility Manager.
“Facility Manager has been an integral part of New Century’s suite of applications for many years,” said Ron Brush, President of New Century Software. “Facility Manager 5.0 will further simplify the workflow process for operators by streamlining functionality and automating tedious tasks.”
Facility Manager 5.0 provides enhanced accuracy and improved efficiencies to manage pipeline attribute & centerline data stored in a GIS. It is a flexible pipeline data management application for transmission and gathering operators to ensure the integrity of corporate pipeline data. With both a geospatial and tabular interface in one application, Facility Manager provides a more fluid workflow to improve the efficiency of maintenance tasks.
“We understand that pipeline operators cannot afford to spend any more time updating their data than they have to,” said Rachael Webster, Product Manager for New Century Software data management applications. “We have implemented several time-saving features in Facility Manager 5.0, including the ability to bulk update data and filter features to only view what you need.”
Additional features in Facility Manager 5.0 include:
- Users can now split linear features and re-station or reverse routes in one click while maintaining spatial location.
- Tabular queries are simplified and users can bulk upload data to make multiple changes instantly saving valuable time.
- A strong ArcMap integration allows users to easily insert station information, as well as apply spatial filtering to view only the data they need.
- Users can link and view source documents associated with pipeline events, work orders and vice versa – improving efficiency.
- Staged data can be verified and corrected while maintaining historical records – ensuring data is verifiable, accurate and traceable.
For more information about Facility Manager 5.0, join New Century Software on Tuesday, January 27 at 1p.m. MST / 2p.m. CST for a free webinar.