Jan 27, 2015 -- FIND, the mapping technology company, is pleased to announce a new partnership with the National Map Centre (NMC). FIND’s web mapping technology now powers NMC’s refreshed mapping and data system, replacing their existing e-commerce mapping delivery system.
The new National Map Centre website – www.mapsnmc.co.uk – has now been completely refreshed and features an online mapping system provided by FIND. Through the site customers can register and instantly download Ordnance Survey map data and create plot ‘prints’ used for a variety of planning purposes, as well as annotate maps with a range of easy-to-use tools.
National Map Centre provides mapping services, in addition to its website, at its own centres and through an extensive network of partners throughout Britain. FIND’s mapping system will be used at both over-the-counter service and through the NMC website.
Julie Cleary, Manager of National Map Centre, commented: “FIND’s system has significantly streamlined the process of ordering data for our clients. We are able to offer a whole new range of products, like aerial imagery, and we really look forward to expanding our offerings in future.”
SuiWin Hui, Head of Consultancy at FIND, said: “Working closely with the NMC we’ve developed and delivered a mapping system that works for them and for their clients. We’ve also ensured that the system has the capacity to grow as the NMC expands its range”.
Simon Lewis, Managing Director of FIND, commented: "FIND is all about delivering solutions for users of complex spatial data. It’s been extremely satisfying to work with the NMC and provide the engine for their new site. But our technology delivers much more than an upgrade for the NMC’s website it’s the foundation for a long-term relationship from which both companies will undoubtedly benefit."
The mapsnmc.co.uk mapping and data system functionality includes:
- Site search by postcode, coordinate and address.
- Ordering 5 different map types, including OS MasterMap and aerial photography
- Ordering map data in four different GIS/CAD formats (DWG, DXF, SHP, TAB)
- Advanced ‘cookie cutter’ tools for data exports (MasterMap polygon shape trace, buffers, free-draw, as well as, square and circle)
- The ability to save map annotations and export areas
- Cross-browser compatibility with IE, Chrome, Safari and Firefox
- Advanced ‘desk-top GIS’ annotation tools including buffering, ‘node’ tracing and shape-joining.