* Canon Group includes Canon and Oce
In addition to the table above, an interactive graphic showing the worldwide market share of the top 5 LFP vendors in 2Q14 and 2Q15 is available here. The chart is intended for public use in online news articles and social media. Instructions on how to embed this graphic can be found by viewing this press release on IDC.com.
- Shipments in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) markets were particularly soft in 2Q15. This despite the FESPA event in May, which typically drives a lot of activity in the large format market. The economic situations in Greece, Russia, and the Middle East are at least part of the reason for the softness in these regions.
- Strong shipments in North America and across the Asia/Pacific region offset lower shipments in EMEA. There is a clear movement towards UV-curable inkjet in the Asia/Pacific market as UV-curable inkjet printer shipments increased by more than 30% year over year in 2Q15.
- IDC tracks A2-A0+ devices in the LFP market
- The LFP market includes single-function printers, as well as multifunctional systems (MFPs). Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly excel deliverables and on-line query tools. The IDC Tracker Charts app allows users to view data charts from the most recent IDC Tracker products on their iPhone and iPad. The IDC Tracker Chart app is also available for Android Phones and Android Tablets.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC.
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.