Delivers New Features and Enhancements that Bolster Performance for Enterprise Data Discovery, Analytics, and Mobile
TYSONS CORNER, Va., Sept. 8, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms, today announced the general availability of MicroStrategy 10.1. The release includes hundreds of new and improved features and a wide range of performance enhancements across the product platform. Further extending the self-service capabilities of MicroStrategy 10 Secure Enterprise™, MicroStrategy Desktop™ 10.1 and MicroStrategy Web™ 10.1 add new enhancements for enterprise data discovery users, enabling data preparation and data wrangling across more data sources, while delivering a clean, new look with modern grid styles, navigation, and consolidated views and search. Other highlights include new capabilities for D3 visualizations, ESRI geospatial visualizations, and iOS 9 within MicroStrategy Mobile™ and custom Mobile Productivity Apps. To learn more about MicroStrategy Analytics™, visit: www.microstrategy.com/analytics.
The 10.1 release comes shortly after the major release of MicroStrategy 10 Secure Enterprise, a groundbreaking enterprise analytics solution that combines traditional business intelligence functionality with data discovery, mobile analytics, and powerful enterprise security. MicroStrategy 10.1 builds on the version 10 foundation with a significant collection of new capabilities in speed, flexibility, and performance. To register for the upcoming "What's New in MicroStrategy 10.1" webcast, visit: http://info.microstrategy.com/microstrategy-101?CID.
"Our customer focus has guided the development of MicroStrategy 10.1, helping to ensure that we continue to bring cutting-edge technology to the market," said Paul Zolfaghari, President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Our new agile engineering development methods are resulting in new features and enhancements being rolled out to our global customer base on a more frequent basis. We are confident that 10.1 delivers an even higher level of analytics value for organizations and institutions around the world."
MicroStrategy 10.1 provides a number of key improvements, including:
- Extended support for data preparation and blending. Data preparation and data wrangling is now supported across all Big Data, cloud, ODBC, social, BI, and local data sources. These powerful data preparation capabilities enable any business user to prepare data directly in the MicroStrategy Desktop or Web product, avoiding the need for IT involvement or the use of third-party ETL tools.
- Presentation and editable mode. MicroStrategy 10.1 consolidates the previous range of views options into two powerful modes: a brand new presentation mode and an editable mode. New and old users will find it even easier to analyze and present their insights with these new display options.
- Use existing ad hoc reports in Desktop. In addition to using existing server-based dashboards and intelligent cubes, MicroStrategy Desktop now supports the use of existing ad-hoc reports. Business users can access and interact with server-based reports directly in Desktop, or use the reports as datasets to perform data discovery analysis.
- Previews and search. As part of the new homepage experience, users can now preview what their recently accessed reports and dashboards will look like before executing a query. In addition, users now have a single, consolidated search experience, making it easier to find objects quickly using a powerful search index of all project reports and dashboards.
- Enhanced native Big Data connectivity. MicroStrategy 10.1 further optimizes native connectivity to Hadoop with support for Kerberose authentication for Hadoop Gateway, a new Hadoop Gateway monitor, and enhanced performance while accessing data directly from Hadoop clusters. As a result of the optimizations on the MicroStrategy Hadoop Gateway, MicroStrategy Big Data users can now expect up to a 60% faster response time for cube publishing.
- Significant performance improvements for both users and administrators. MicroStrategy 10.1 further builds on the significant performance gains in MicroStrategy 10, delivering up to 2X query improvements when running a dashboard using cube live connect, 30% faster performance against partitioned cubes, 85% faster count distinct response times, nearly 2X faster count against attributes, and 41% faster incremental refresh (and up to an additional 71% increase in speed when partition is used) in internal testing. MicroStrategy 10.1 also reduces the load time of MicroStrategy Intelligence Server™ by up to 64% with parallel cube loading.
- Expanded mobile support. MicroStrategy Mobile apps now offer support for iOS 9, as well as rendering of D3 Visualizations, ESRI Maps, and all out-of-the-box visualizations and data discovery dashboards built in MicroStrategy Desktop and MicroStrategy Web.
- Improved Teradata access. MicroStrategy now offers support for high speed data transfer from Teradata with TPTAPI, accelerating the process of publishing large cubes. This new feature allows large volumes of data to be transferred quickly and in parallel from Teradata databases, enabling users to update in-memory cubes faster and with greater frequency.
- Hundreds of additional enhancements. MicroStrategy users can now benefit from hundreds of other enhancements across Web, Desktop, Mobile, Server, and administrative tools. Many of these enhancements were driven by input received through several recently launched customer programs, including the MicroStrategy Community and the Early Adopter Program. Because of these successful programs, 10.1 delivers new features that MicroStrategy developers will love, such as the ability to create and apply custom document themes across many documents at the same time and the ability to embed data discovery dashboard content into pixel-perfect dashboards, drastically reducing dashboard development time.
The speed at which these new features and enhancements have been made available to customers is the result of the company's new agile engineering development methods, directed by MicroStrategy CTO Tim Lang. The net result is faster, more frequent access to innovative analytics features for the MicroStrategy global customer base.
MicroStrategy 10.1 will be showcased at the Company's upcoming Symposium Series events in Boston and Atlanta, on September 15th and 23rd, 2015, respectively. Registration for the events is still open and can be found at: http://www.microstrategy.com/us/events/symposium.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms. The Company's mission is to provide enterprise analytics, mobility, and security platforms that are flexible, powerful, scalable, and user-friendly. To learn more, visit MicroStrategy online, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy 10 Secure Enterprise, MicroStrategy Analytics, MicroStrategy Mobile, MicroStrategy Desktop, and MicroStrategy Web are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/microstrategy-releases-microstrategy-101-300138665.html
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated