New Cloud-Based App for Managing and Sharing Geospatial Content AvailableNORCROSS, Ga., Nov. 16, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — Hexagon Geospatial is pleased to announce the official launch of M.App Chest, a new cloud-based application associated with the Hexagon Smart M.App® experience, at HxGN Live Hong Kong.
In September, Hexagon Geospatial announced the introduction of the M.App Chest Early Access Program, which provided an opportunity for users to test out the new cloud-based innovation for storing, managing and distributing large volumes of geospatial data.
M.App Chest provides a simple means to quickly upload, organize, and share imagery and point cloud data in the cloud. It also provides optional compression capabilities along with streaming and delivery via web services.
"Since 2003, we have created the equivalent of five exabytes of data. Clearly, today's organizations need the right tools for managing and leveraging high volumes of data," said Mladen Stojic, President of Hexagon Geospatial. "M.App Chest provides a better experience for easily uploading, storing and sharing geospatial data in ways that can transform any organization."
Following are some key features and benefits of M.App Chest:
- View M.App Chest Data Online: The free M.App Reader allows users to view data online with interactive roam and zoom tools. Data from M.App Chest can also be consumed into other applications via web services.
- Easy Availability and Access: M.App Chest flexibly ingests a variety of data types and provides secure data access, even to teams who are dispersed across the globe.
- Big Data Support: M.App Chest supports large files and provides advanced compression, helping to solve your Big Data problems.
- 360-Degree Geospatial Content Management: Manage all of your data, including business data like documents, spreadsheets, and multimedia files, all in the same secure cloud-based system.
- Simple and Cost Effective: There's no installation required and IT infrastructure burden as a result. Users can simply sign up, and pay as they go.
Learn more about M.App Chest.
See M.App Chest live at HxGN LIVE in Hong Kong!
Live demos in the Zone
Session 3028 DEMO: M.App Chest 9:00 AM Friday, 20 November Tokyo Room
About Hexagon Geospatial
Hexagon Geospatial helps you make sense of the dynamically changing world. Known globally as a maker of leading-edge technology, we enable our customers to easily transform their data into actionable information, shortening the lifecycle from the moment of change to action. Hexagon Geospatial provides the software products and platforms to a large variety of customers through direct sales, channel partners, and Hexagon businesses. For more information, visit www.hexagongeospatial.com or contact us at Email Contact.
Hexagon Geospatial is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity improvements across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications. Hexagon's solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information, automate business processes and improve productivity. They are used in a broad range of vital industries. Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has more than 16,000 employees in 46 countries and net sales of approximately 3.1bn USD.
Learn more at hexagon.com.
© 2015 Hexagon AB and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates. All rights reserved.Hexagon and the Hexagon logo are registered trademarks of Hexagon AB or its subsidiaries. All other trademarks or servicemarks used herein are property of their respective owners. Hexagon Geospatial believes the information in this publication is accurate as of its publication date. Such information is subject to change without notice.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Vice President, Content & Marketing
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hexagon-geospatial-officially-launches-mapp-chest-cloud-app-300179183.html
SOURCE Hexagon Geospatial