REDLANDS, CA--(Marketwired - December 09, 2015) - Voyager Search, the only install and go Solr/Lucene search engine, announced today it has released version 1.9.7 of its award-winning search software. In the new version, the company added delivery and transformation options, made improvements to security, and released a new Community Extension to its Navigo app, which enables organizations to augment their indexes with more user-generated content. By not requiring users to be developers, Voyager Search puts the power in the hands of the people who know their content best -- ensuring that data stewards can promote their top content at all times.
Developed in response to customer requests for deeper analysis capabilities, the Community Extension gives tagging, flagging, and field editing control to those most familiar with the content. Examples of which include:
- Administrators can easily
-- and quickly -- select items to feature on the Navigo homepage so that users don't miss the latest updates.
- Subject Matter Experts can create saved searches that are relevant to their community and make the searches available on the homepage as a collection.
- Users can augment any field in the index using the Edit Fields tools, regardless of whether or not they are developers or engineers.
- Administrators and other trusted users can give items in the index a label like "feature of the day" or "highlights," automatically boosting results to the forefront of any search queries they match.
- Users can tag content themselves and then find that data again by exposing those tags as one of their search filters.
"We're especially excited about Navigo's Community Extension in Voyager version 1.9.7," said Alex Bostic, solutions architect at AECOM. "With it, we can tag, flag, and augment the index, which allows us to do things programmatically instead of on a user by user basis -- saving time and streamlining a process that can at times become rather cumbersome. Supported by Voyager's powerful API, this gives us that extra level of customization we were looking for, making it easier to group items from a particular data set, promote the data, or analyze how it is being used in a clearer, more useful way."
Voyager Search provides Fortune 500 businesses, federal agencies and multinational organizations with search, application customization, and data management solutions that offer the efficiency, simplicity, and advanced security features that enterprises require. Since its inception, the company has remained focused on making the Solr/Lucene technology accessible outside of the developer community. Updates to release 1.9.7, such as the following, continue on the company's endeavor to make Solr/Lucene adoption even easier:
- Data delivery and transformation. Enhancements made, new tasks added, and existing workflows improved.
- Indexing framework. Extended to work with AVRO, JSON, CKAN, and POD file formats so users can search applications that can be configured in a variety of ways.
- Security. Support for SAML-based federated authentication, security on individual items from ArcGIS for Server and Portal based on Windows AD permissions, and Java Web Token implementation for improved session management.
"With this new release our customers, and their users, can directly contribute expertise back into the index, resulting in improvements in content, search result relevancy, and community building capabilities," said Voyager's CEO Brian Goldin. "This is something our customers have been asking for, and we're more than happy to deliver."
About Voyager Search
Voyager Search is a leading global provider of geospatial, enterprise search tools that connect, find and deliver more than 1,770 different file formats from desktops, servers, and the Web. As the only install and go Solr/Lucene search engine, Voyager's simple user interface, Navigo, offers Fortune 500 businesses, government entities, and multinational organizations throughout the world easy-to-use search, data management, document delivery, and map visualization capabilities. With no custom coding required, Voyager is a true off-the-shelf geospatial intelligence and search powerhouse that supports customers in a variety of industries, including defense, oil and gas, federal and state governments, and mining. Formed in 2008, the company is headquartered in Redlands, California, with additional staff in Washington state, Washington, DC, Vancouver Island, BC, Europe, and Uruguay. For more information, visit www.voyagersearch.com or follow the company on Twitter at @VoyagerSearch.
For more information: Jenny Viscarolasaga Spark Tel: +1 (617) 331-4944 Email: Email Contact