Jan 5, 2016 -- GeoSage's software tool, Spectral Transformer for Landsat-8 Imagery, has recently been enhanced to include new functions towards automated image feature extraction. This is built upon the existing tool that with 2 simple button clicks, a user is able to rapidly perform image band combinations, image stretching and image pan-sharpening, and produce colorful, detail-rich imagery composites at 30m and 15m resolutions.
New functions include:
- 1 button click for automated NDVI calculation, with 3 types of outputs.
- 1 button click for automated extraction of surface water areas, with 3 types of outputs.
- Generic function to calculate 56 normalised difference image feature indices, with 3 types of outputs.
- Generic function to calculate 56 band ratios, with 3 types of outputs.
The 3 types of outputs are automatically generated by the software. Each is a single-band GeoTIFF file, ready to be displayed in Windows Photo Viewer, GIS and remote sensing software, or Google Earth Pro.
- First output: 32-bit Float data type, useful for further analyses.
- Second output: 8-bit Byte data type, a unique colour palette is applied.
- Third output: 8-bit Byte data type, a binary image to show classified features after a user-defined threshold is applied.
This Landsat-8 image analysis software tool targets geospatial professionals, K-12 students, as well as the general public. It is very easy to use, productive and saves time. To test the new functions, a trial version is available at http://www.geosage.com/highview/features_landsat8.html Updated software user guide and new application demos are also provided.
GeoSage ( http://www.GeoSage.com/ is an enthusiastic leading developer in image fusion and spectral transformation analysis. It has developed a number of key technologies and software tools able to enhance imagery interpretation and visualisation, and produced some unique, large-sized, global satellite imagery and shaded-relief mosaics. GeoSage offers innovative, advanced and cost-effective image/spatial analysis products and solutions for the growing geospatial community as well as the general public.