This study aims to cover key existing and evolving end-user needs that can support new product development efforts in the GIS/Analytics domain. Stakeholder views from across the agriculture, mining, and forestry domains have been analyzed for evolving opportunities that can be capitalized by GIS/Analytics solution developers and satellite imagery solution providers. The stakeholder views largely cover web-based product delivery via smart devices and point to a growing need to observe remote locations for various change and impact assessments that can support agriculture and forestry development efforts. This study can serve as a starting point for any new product development or market-penetration efforts planned by satellite imagery and solution providers.
There is an evolving need in Africa to access GIS/Analytics products on hand-held smart devices and laptops.
- Crop, soil, and water-table monitoring needs are prominent among stakeholders in the agriculture and forestry domains.
- While customers are aware of the benefits of satellite imagery products and are inclined to buy them, lack of access to affordable services and spot-buy options are acting as restraints in such transactions.
- Agricultural policies are rapidly evolving to meet the domestic and international market demands and this is resulting in the need for data-driven decision making. Monitoring land use, estimating yield, and assessing post-disaster impact remain key administrative needs.
- Satellite imagery data needs tend to vary over time and region. Stakeholders are interested in being able to buy specific imagery-based analytics products for specific periods of time, covering regions of their interest.
- Pay-per-image and ad-hoc purchase options are in demand among stakeholders that do not need a continuous supply of satellite imagery data.
- Web-based applications accessible on smart devices will have an advantage over larger enterprise solutions and will succeed in penetrating this fast growing market.
- Cheaper satellite imagery products from small-satellite operators will enable the development of affordable customized analytics products for existing and new customers.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03621336-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: Email Contact
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/end-user-requirements-for-satellite-imageryanalytics-from-the-agriculture-mining-and-forestry-industries-300220240.html