Ubisense Group plc (AIM: UBI), a leader in enterprise location intelligence solutions, has released myWorld 3, a significant leap forward for the state of the art in modern geospatial mobile platforms. Key new features of myWorld 3 for mobility include adding support for Apple iOS to existing support for Android and Windows, and the ability to automatically distribute application updates to mobile devices across multiple platforms.
myWorld 3 is targeted for use by infrastructure companies such as utility, telecommunications and transportation enterprises who need to rapidly deploy and manage a mobile geospatial platform across many different devices. Common uses include,
- Query, search and view of asset, customer and network status in the field
- Capturing of new designs and repairs
- Inspection and survey of existing assets
- Integration with Google for real-time directions and Google Street View for situational awareness
myWorld 3 brings many practical advantages to the enterprise
- Flexible sync and management of large geospatial data sets from any GIS including Esri, GE Smallworld and Intergraph
- Single application which runs seamlessly on iOS, Windows and Android removing constraints on which devices can be used and enabling more flexible Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs
- A cross platform application update mechanism that dramatically reduces the cost of managing a distributed application deployed on mobile devices
- Access to online data sources when internet connectivity is available such as Google, Esri ArcGIS Server, GeoServer and any servers supporting the WMS and WFS open industry standards
"myWorld 3 is a significant milestone extending our cross platform development and customization approach to support iOS in addition to Android and Windows", said Peter Batty, CTO Geospatial Division. "The ability to support all of the major mobile operating systems with a common code base is essential for enterprise mobile applications. Combined with our very robust offline data sync capabilities, which have been proven in production with thousands of users, myWorld 3 is a mobile geospatial platform that is significantly ahead of anything we have seen from other GIS and geospatial vendors."
Ubisense customers estimate they saved their operations and engineering teams over 45 million minutes in 2015 by providing all the information they need in the office and field at their fingertips.
Ubisense (AIM: UBI), a global leader in enterprise location intelligence solutions, helps manufacturing, communications and utility companies improve operational efficiency and boost profitability. Ubisense location intelligence systems bring clarity to complexity, enabling customers to revolutionize their operational effectiveness in a measurable way. Founded in 2002, Ubisense is headquartered in Cambridge, England, with operations in North America, France, Germany, Japan, Korea and Singapore. For more information visit: http://www.ubisense.net
SOURCE Ubisense Group plc
|Ubisense Group plc
Jay Cadman, Email Contact +1-720-217-4397