Cloud-Based Delivery Model Ideal for SMB Customers; Lessens Infrastructure and Management Costs for All UsersMELVILLE, N.Y., Aug. 8, 2016 — (PRNewswire) — Today's businesses are seeking cloud services to help improve productivity, increase flexibility and maximize cost savings. Recognizing the market demand, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the availability of uniFLOW Online, a multi-tenant, cloud-based print management solution enabling small and medium sized businesses a way to manage their print environment without the need for a local server*. Compatible with Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices, uniFLOW Online provides a scalable enterprise platform with security features. It is the latest addition to the award-winning output management solution family.
"Whether it's in the form of financial records, human resource information, or sensitive customer data, every business handles some form of confidential information," said Randy Dazo, group director of InfoTrends' Office Document Technology Group. "It's critical that companies take the appropriate steps to help protect sensitive documents, and limiting user access and restricting customer data within a local network are strong protective measures that businesses can take to increase security."
"The expansion of uniFLOW to a cloud-based print management solution represents another impressive success for one of Canon's most popular business solutions," said Toyo Kuwamura, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "With uniFLOW Online, we've expanded the success of Canon's award-winning technology to customers that may not have previously had the infrastructure or personnel in place to host an in-house, server-based solution."
The key benefits of uniFLOW Online include:
- Document access and device security features – Using personal authenticated print queues, uniFLOW Online allows users to print confidential documents using any connected, compatible device. uniFLOW Online has security features which allows network print jobs and their content to stay within the customer's local network, and only limited information is stored in the cloud. This helps document content stay protected by limiting view from outside the network. The only information stored in the cloud is printer configuration and accounting data. Administrators can also restrict printer access to authorized users only, helping to limit access to confidential information or misuse of the device's print, scan, copy and fax functionalities by unauthorized visitors or employees. **
- Help improve office productivity – Providing employees great flexibility, uniFLOW Online helps users to print from compatible mobile devices, from virtually any location***. Additionally, print job finishing options can be modified on demand before being released, helping employees save time.
- Control over costs – With uniFLOW Online, administrators can track and assess printing, copying, faxing and scanning costs directly in the cloud. With reporting capabilities and a real time online dashboard, administrators have the ability to pinpoint areas where costs can be scaled down. As with all uniFLOW editions administrators can also allocate costs to individual users or departments.
- Help reduce environmental impact – uniFLOW Online helps limit unnecessary paper waste as users can print only what they need and finishing options can be changed at a device to help limit reprinting or false outputs. The solution can also help reduce power consumption of the print infrastructure by limiting 'Always On' print servers across the organization.
uniFLOW Online is available now through Canon Authorized Dealers and Canon Solutions America. Prices are set by dealers and may vary. For more information, visit www.usa.canon.com.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015�nbsp; and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2015. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact Email Contact.
�nbsp; Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
* Businesses will use SmartClient software on local PCs to print from Uniflow Online without the need for a local server.
** Canon offers security features that can help your business. Many variables can impact the security of your devices and data. Canon does not warrant that the use of its features will prevent malicious attacks, or prevent misuse of devices or data or other security issues. Nothing herein should be construed as legal counsel or regulatory advice concerning customers' compliance with laws related to privacy and security. Customers must have their own qualified counsel determine the feasibility of a particular solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance. Some security settings may affect device functionality or performance. You may want to test these settings before deploying them in your environment to ensure you understand their effects.
*** Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between printer and wireless network clients.
Availability, prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A. website:
For sales information/customer support:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/canon-introduces-uniflow-online-extending-document-capture-and-print-management-capabilities-to-a-wider-range-of-customers-300310366.html
SOURCE Canon U.S.A., Inc.
|Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Kim Tucker, Canon U.S.A., Inc., 631-330-4605