“Ocean Executive Forum” will Assemble a High-level, Multi-industry Leadership Dialogue at World Ocean Council’s Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS)
9 November 2016 - The WOC Ocean Executive Forum brings together a unique, cross-sectoral panel of CEOs at the 2016 Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) to engage in a high-level plenary discussion on the theme of “Ocean 2030: Sustainable Development and the Ocean Business Community”.
The SOS 2016 Ocean Executive Forum panel will include:
• Per Grieg, Board Chair, Grieg Seafoods (Aquaculture)
• Allard Castelein, CEO, Port of Rotterdam Authority (Ports)
• Paul de la Guérivière, CEO, IDEOL (Offshore Wind Energy)
• Bill Staby, CEO, Resolute Marine Energy (Ocean Energy)
• Raynald Leconte, CEO, Orange Marine (Submarine Cable)
• Ivar Fossum, CEO, Nordic Mining (Seabed Mining)
• Alain Bernhard, CEO, DEME (Dredging)
• Graham Hine, Co-Founder, Liquid Robotics (Ocean Data/Technology)
• Jan Valkier, Owner and CEO, Anthony Veder (Shipping)
This extraordinary high-level, multi-industry panel will consider the challenges and opportunities for the private sector to respond to the growing need to responsibly supply energy, food, transport and information from the sea. Additional CEOs from oil and gas, fisheries and shipbuilding may also be joining the panel as their availability is confirmed.
Participation opportunities at SOS 2016, Rotterdam, 30 Nov-2 Dec, are filling fast.
Click here for SOS 2016 information, registration and sponsorship opportunities.
A growing list of SOS 2016 sponsors from around the world are supporting this important gathering of the ocean business community.
• Platinum Sponsor: Carbon War Room
• Silver Sponsors: CESI, EU-PolarNet, Rightship, Woodside
• Bronze Sponsors: GEF, IW-Learn, Liquid Robotics, Oldendorff, TCC, UNDP, UN-IOC
• Additional sponsors: Baird Maritime, exactEarth, IAGC, Louisbourg Seafoods, Olrac SPS, Thordon Bearings Inc, Windward.
A growing number and range of SOS 2016 media partners and endorsers from around the world and across the sectors are also part of this exceptional global event.
The SOS program continues to add senior representatives and presentations from industry, government and other stakeholders.
REGISTER NOW FOR THE SOS 2016 !
Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) 2016, 30 Nov-02 Dec, Rotterdam
For a list of the CEOs and other SOS participants, click here.
Upcoming WOC Outreach and Engagement
LA ROCHELLE: Assises de l'Economie de la Mer (Participant)
PORTO: Forum do Mar - Business2Sea Conference (Plenary Speaker)
LONDON: Offshore & Deep Sea Mining Conference (Plenary Speaker)
About the World Ocean Council (WOC)
The WOC is the only international, cross-sectoral alliance for private sector leadership and collaboration in sustainability, stewardship and science. Companies from a range of industries worldwide are distinguishing themselves as leaders in “Corporate Ocean Responsibility”, including: shipping, oil and gas, tourism, fisheries, aquaculture, mining, renewable energy, ocean technology, investment.
WOC Members are listed here, a part of the WOC Network of 34,000+ ocean industry stakeholders around the world. The WOC is a registered not-for-profit organization in the US and the UK/Europe.